1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Health Pack 0.1 (Upbeat Giraffe)

The Health Pack keeps your body alive and ticking so you can keep the adventure going!

1. Snigery
    -Update-
    It's been a while since I've done anything with this piece, yet despite that I feel this mod served it's purpose well and has worked with the updates. I know I still use it all the time while I play. With the coming update and features, mainly speaking about the backpack augmentation, it may be that this mod is no longer necessary. For anyone who hasn't seen, they will be working on restoring the functionality back items once served, and removing the less interesting bio-implants.

With the restored and perhaps improved functionality, back items will also be fitted with augmentation slots, allowing you to pick and equip your own boosts. The only hint shown was a passive boost to your movement speed. Hey maybe now you can add that glow effect you're always asking for.

Depending on what the update brings will determine how viable this mod will continue to be; it may in fact allow for some added features. We may be able to mod our own augmentations. Upgrade the healing factor? Easily done. So knowing that I haven't upgraded this mod with any of the requested features it seems it was better off, as they're allowing back items to essentially be unique and improvable. So along with the update it seems it would also be the perfect time to update the mod as well.

-Health Pack-

This mod is an update of the Survival System + to include it's own identity among the assets. This is a new item within the game currently using survival systems appearance. It started with wanting the name behind the item to mean something more than just an oxygen tank.

This item is spawn of the survival system, the Health Pack monitors and controls the wearers physical health condition and works with natural processes to keep the body "ticking and pumping." The goal is to add an enjoyable immersion to the game while maintaining balance and authenticity. Now there is no need to cover yourself head to toe in medical wraps, the Health Pack helps you recover from a battle, natural blunders, or even escape from enemies and saves you the medical wraps for when you need them most.

Planned Improvements (following next update)
    -Various augmentations for back items
    -Different and unique back items

Install
    1. Download
    2. Move to your Starbound\mods folder
    3. R. Click - Extract Here
    4. Enter game and Craft at Robotic Crafting Table

Recipe
    This is more of a disclaimer as the recipe may be a surprise if you're not used to thoughtfully curated recipe tables. The recipe to make this item requires:
    1 Red Stim Pack
    10 Bottled Healing Water
    50 Wire
    10 Durasteel Bar
    30 Steel Bar

So make sure to stock up on those items as you can only craft this thing at the robotic crafting table. Early quests require that you visit an oasis at a desert planet, so grab some water while you're there. As for the other materials you should have no problem rounding up together a little excess to prepare as they're pretty typical occurrences.

Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. Shadowstitch
    Shadowstitch
    5/5,
    Version: 0.1 (Upbeat Giraffe)
    A useful, well-implemented piece of equipment with a surprisingly complicated recipe to construct, the Health Pack fills an overlooked feature niche in vanilla Starbound by adding a passive health regen backpack item.
    It won't make you into Wolverine, but it helps mitigate the minor scrapes involved in spelunking that nickel-and-dime your health as you explore; spikes, poison, falling damage, etc.
  2. evilommi
    evilommi
    4/5,
    I like it and I really appreciate if you can add some light.
    Have a nice day :)
  3. VeroDarko
    VeroDarko
    4/5,
    I agree with wally314garcia we need that. pleaseee!!! <3 but this health pack is a good mod.
  4. wally314garcia
    wally314garcia
    4/5,
    Good mod, simple, effective. Saved my butt a few times! Would like to have it be up-gradable to allow for faster health regen or even stamina regen. Maybe even some have it emit some light at some point as well?