1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Health Monitor 0.4

Beeps and bleeds when your health reaches a configurable percent

Tags:
  1. olsonpm
    The item and interface:
    What the bleeding looks like:
    - New characters start with a health monitor in their space locker.
    - Health Monitors are also available for a cheap at the Infinity Express
    - If you don't have a health monitor in your inventory then it's life as normal for you.

Why create it?
    My siblings and I were clumsy, not paying attention to our health and dying unexpectedly. In our defense the health bar is way top left!

How to install
    Like this

Details
    - The beep is the same one triggered upon low-hunger.
    Don't worry, the beep won't double up on you if you're both low on health and hunger.

- Configurable in-game
    When you activate the health monitor (left clicking on the screen while it's equipped), a window appears allowing you to configure what health percent triggers the beeping and bleeding. It also allows you to enable or disable the health monitor.

- Doesn't drop when you die

- Health monitor settings persist with your character

Limitations
    This mod must be installed on both the server and client. Assuming it's even possible, if someone wants to create a pull request (on github) implementing a reasonable solution to making this client-only then go for it.

Todo ideas
    If people find this mod useful then I may work on the following ideas.

- A toggle to disable the blood or beep individually
    - Gore mode
    - Configurable blood colors
    - Automatically consume a heal item

Suggestions welcome

-- End of github copy/paste --

I'm new to modding starbound - so if you happen to check my code and find I could have done things differently/easier then I'd much appreciate it.

To be extremely clear about licensing
    I don't care what you do with my code at all. Claim it as your own even. I feel it's a bummer the default is to be so defensive about mods here because that same mentality made starcraft 2 custom maps useless in comparison to starcraft 1.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    Waffle-Chan and PremanKampung like this.

Recent Reviews

1. alex7887
    alex7887
    5/5,
    Version: 0.3
    The mod is good but I have it does not work out of a large number of installed mods

Мод хорошый но у меня он неработает иза большого количества установленных модов
    1. olsonpm
      Author's Response
      I'm glad you like the mod. I just pushed an update that fixes a bug - if that update doesn't fix your issue then please private message me so we can figure out what's breaking.
  2. DarkKidd
    DarkKidd
    5/5,
    Version: 0.3
    estaria bueno que agregaran un slot al lado de la vestimenta de las armaduras para poner el item, que se active al colocarlo hay, con una tecla especifica
  3. PremanKampung
    PremanKampung
    5/5,
    Version: 0.2
    I like to play Starbound with my kids, and they tend to forget to monitor their health bar. This mod really solved that.
    1. olsonpm
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review. If there are any usability improvements you can think of please let me know.
  4. WOOLOO
    WOOLOO
    5/5,
    Version: 0.1
    Does what it says, nothing to complain about
    1. olsonpm
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review. Just fyi, I plan on addressing some compatibility issues this weekend. bk3k pointed out how I could have implemented this differently to be more compatible with other mods so hopefully you don't run into that issue in the meantime.