1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Gyrusens+ [v1.8.6]

Alien reptile race from distant lands, and more! (No longer requires Airless Dungeons!)

1. Seal-The-Deal Update: 1.0 port, Pre-Steam patches, Progression Overhaul, and other announcements!

G.Xyon
    Eiloh, guys!

It's been a couple of months since we've had a Gyrusens+ update, so I figured that... well, it's about time I worked on one!

The 1.7.5 "Seal-The-Deal" update focuses on many aspects! Porting items to 1.0, pre-steam patches to get ready for the Steam Workshop release of the mod, a progression and quest overhaul, among other announcements which will be explained thoroughly.

1.0 Port: So, to start with, this update adresses the issue of porting the mod's assets to 1.0 standards; this means swords, guns, codexes, hoverbikes, dungeons... pretty much nearly everything got a revision! While the mod isn't 100% bug-free, the assets should work happily with how the game works this time around. Any bugs should be brought up in the discussion forums, not in the Review section please~!

Pre-Steam Updates: There will be several updates after this one adressing a solid build on which we will continue to mount on. The bulk of this update will rely on separating the main Gyrusen City into 4 sectors; I won't give much details about this, but this is a warning to those that may have made a residence in the main City. Make sure to take your goodies away of the instance before updating with the Steam update as, while it may not be deleted, it will become inaccessible in it's entirety.

Seal Progression Overhaul: This one took a while to think! The quests have been fractured in small segments that, while they still work fairly linearly, will not be so obvious. Now once the player obtaints the last tier of GSF Armor they are able to craft, they will have access to a new mission instance which will further explain what they have to do in order to progress through the game! There's a two-way street on this progression:
    • The player can accept the quest and follow the progression as normal. This path will allow the player to receive certain objects without the requirement to craft them for free once the mission is complete.
    • OR
    • The player can simply ignore the quest and craft the items themselves; while this may prove tougher without the proper materials, they do not have to conform to the quests in order to progress though the game.

Other announcements: A shoutout to TurboZero for making a spectacular banner to proudly display on the overview page! Seriously, check it out!

So, finally arrived at a pace where we can update the mod once in a while. However, this isn't my only mod! That's why I will be working in paralell with another mod that's coming up; the updates will be slow, but have for certain that there's another mod just as good being worked in the back!

As well, the images on the overview will be taken down in favor for newer ones, so expect updated images fairly soon!

Well, that's quite a doozy! Me and TurboZero are glad to have the mod back up and running again. If there's any issues or questions about the mod or the updates, feel free to drop by the discussion board.

Thanks for being patient, have a good one!
Return to update list...