1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Gyrusens+ [v1.8.6]

Alien reptile race from distant lands, and more! (No longer requires Airless Dungeons!)

1. While working on the Ship and Sprite polish...

G.Xyon
    I managed to work on some more technical aspects of the mod, found some things that were broken or out-of-date and managed to iron them out.

+ Tweaked Minidungeon Generation and Distribution File
    I took notice that the Distribution file felt a little broken or simply it was too scarce to do anything, so I switched it over to the default one. Alongside this fix, I tweaked the generation of minidungeon structures to spawn a little bit more than regular encounters. You should now be able to encounter structures easier throughout the planets.

+ Respawn Animation
    Added a fully custom respawn animation! It's still rough around the edges, however it's a fairly decent start.

+ Main Questline fixed
    Ended up ditching the custom tutorial and enabled a new Quest in the SAIL, for those that have new characters. If your character has already progressed past Tier 2 Ship, you can spawn in an item called "gyrdatapatchalt", which upon pickup will activate the questline; otherwise, you can normally follow the quests through the AI interface.

+/- New portal location: Scorched, Moon, Asteroid, Barren
    Along with the Minidungeon tweaks, I separated these items for later use. They now specifically spawn in Scorched, Barren, Moon, and Asteroid-type planets. Don't be in a hurry to find these portals, they're currently disabled as I have plans for these later on.

+/- Changed Elite Hexorb Shield Type
    A simple tweak, changed the shield type the item creates to a bubble-type shield to match previous items.

Have a good one!
Return to update list...