1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Gyrusens+ [v1.8.6]

Alien reptile race from distant lands, and more! (No longer requires Airless Dungeons!)

1. Re-adding the Village, File changes, and Policy changes!

G.Xyon
    Hey guys, got another update for ya!

+ Re-introduced the City
    That's right, the huge city is back! The city is still in a beta state, and will be subject to changes sometime soon; don't plan on building anything you want to keep on it! It's also worthy to mention that this village is a persistant but editable world, so it will always be saved on your system and whatever you do in it will stay like that (much like the Pocket Dimensions, actually)!

For admins: You can delete persistant unique persistant instances by deleting the "unique-X" worlds; in case someone is griefing and you would like to refresh the instance, simply delete the "unique-gyrcity" world file. Anyone that enters it will re-trigger the world and cause it to spawn a fresh copy of it. Remember to always make backups!

EDIT: The new City instance might take a while to load with low-end computers, approximately from 3 to 4 minutes. I do apologize for the wait, but it's a rather big city!

+ Added Settlements and the Xy Portal
    The settlement is a small variation to the Gyrusen Village, which will not have houses nor shops, but however contains an alternate version of the Plaza which will host the Xy Portal, the only way to enter the Gyrusen City. The portal will remain unbreakable, as I work on a way to have it crafted... sort of.

EDIT: The villages and settlements have been removed from the garden biome due to how easy it is to encounter one (also kind of exploitable), so now you might want to visit other "habitable" planets and see if you can find some! No re-download is required, I simply forgot to mention this.

+/- Tweaked the Gyrusen house treasure pools in the city

Tweaked it once more, because some gyrusens were just getting a little too wealthy.

+/- Fixed the Clothier Shop prices
    Since now the prices are directly taken from the actual item, I've had to fix this small issue as all items the clothier sold were unavailable. There are still some issues remaining with other merchants, but I'll slowly work on it!

-------------------------------------------

And now for something not directly related to the mod!

I've opted to change the file from a folder to a .modpak, and while this has no real impact on how it interacts with the game nor the size of it, I'd rather have assets somewhat safe.

Due to this, I've also included an "Open Source" version of the mod which is downloadable through the permissions section of the mod page (plz read it <3). I simply want to make certain things clear in terms of using assets from the mod, if the needs ever arise for doing so.

Both files/folders will always be the same version, and if not, the Open Source might contain sneak peeks at other things I will be implementing, but this will be rare the case... probably.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and have a good one!
    Dragon_Tom005 and FlameSing like this.
Return to update list...