1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Gun Assembly 1.2.1

Break guns into parts, assemble parts into guns! Gun customization.

1. bshell2260
    bshell2260
    5/5,
    Version: 2014-06-05
    I really like the idea of breaking down guns and making new ones. The only thing that bugs me is that you can't mix two guns together, its like limiting your creativity.

Therefore, this mod sucks! And I will give 5/5 stars! :P
    1. Healthire
      Author's Response
      I think most gun parts won't fit well graphically with parts of other gun types, unfortunately. I dunno, I can give it some testing and see if it's something worth exploring. The potential for sillyness is fairly big though. :p
  2. jgb_3012
    jgb_3012
    3/5,
    It's a good start but there are issues with some guns not merging properly, resulting in some segment seperation and sever level downgrading.
    1. Healthire
      Author's Response
      The level of the gun is the average level of the parts you put in. I'm not sure why some parts wouldn't fit together since they should be using the same sprites as the randomly generated ones.
  3. Maxiplayer
    Maxiplayer
    4/5,
    Oops, something not right, when you customize a shotgun, after that it only can shoot like a sniper-rifle, please fix it
    1. Healthire
      Author's Response
      I can not reproduce the issue. Shotguns work fine for me, and fire many bullets. Please use the discussion thread for bug reports and not the reviews section.
  4. Zjordo
    Zjordo
    5/5,
    This mod is great, i understand that i cannot mix a pistol with a rocket launcher, but it would be awsome if i could mix guns of different rarity. or even better a machine pistol with a plasma pistol. still awsome though!
  5. laberstar
    laberstar
    3/5,
    meh
    1. Healthire
      Author's Response
      You have entered the concern "meh". I will get to work on addressing your concern "meh" as soon as I possibly can. Thank you for using the Starbound Community Mod Review service, don't forget to pick up your complimentary gift bag on the way out. Have a great day!
  6. Toamac
    Toamac
    5/5,
    remind me of loadout and tf2 weapon crafting creating new gun form scratch making more deadly weapon :3
  7. Kingmarshy
    Kingmarshy
    5/5,
    This mod is awesome! The trouble is, I can't seem to combine two different guns together, like an assault rifle body and a pistol stock. Any ideas why this happens?
    1. Healthire
      Author's Response
      Because I made that impossible! :)

It just doesn't make any sense. The graphics wouldn't match up, the stats would make no sense. A machine pistol shooting rockets may be silly in a fun way, but I don't want the mod to be silly.
  8. Katarn42
    Katarn42
    5/5,
    Awesome, and I agree with jambox5 in that being able to dye the gun parts would make this mod absolutely perfect
    1. Healthire
      Author's Response
      I also think dyeing them would be pretty great. Maybe making them compatible with the Dye Bucket mod MrMagical made would be enough. It's not as simple as just setting an option, there are tables of colors to replace etc. I'll look into it!
  9. Geeky Meerkat
    Geeky Meerkat
    5/5,
    Great mod, though it does feel like there should be a resource draw of some sort to disassemble and reassemble the guns.
  10. Kyo21943
    Kyo21943
    5/5,
    This is genius, definitely looking forward this...
  11. jambox5
    jambox5
    5/5,
    This should be a feature in the vanilla game, really adds to the customization experience. It also makes some of the Junk guns "useful" in that they can be pulled apart for valuable parts (ie specific shot times or energy costs). My one addition is that the user should be able to Dye the parts before assembling, then this would be my favorite mod hands down.