1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Green Screen Block 1

Take screenshots on a flat coloured background using these blocks

1. DrPvtSkittles
    Are you wanting to take screenshots of your character, items and objects, but don't want the background clutter? This is the mod you are looking for!

What is it?
    Bright, flat, plain blocks you can chroma key with.

How to take full advantage of this mod:

**Before you start Starbound**

In the "Green Screen Block" folder open up rendering.config.patch in your text editing program

You will see the following code

[ { "op": "replace", "path" : "/backgroundLayerColor", "value": [128, 128, 128] } ]

The value is a RGB colour code, it's what gives ALL background blocks their shade. First number represents red, second green, and third blue. I've included the default value found in the vanilla starbound files. This is 50% shade.

For no shade use [255, 255, 255]

To black it all out use [0, 0, 0]

I recommend a value of [230, 230, 230] as is it's still bright but different enough that you can tell the background from the foreground blocks.

**Warning***

Changing these values will affect ALL background blocks. Currently there is not a way to only change the value for specific blocks.

**In Game**

Type /admin in the chat window, press enter, then type /fullbright, press enter (/fullbright Disables the lighting engine, type /fullbright again to re-enable)

Type /spawnitem greenscreenblock 600 , then enter (this will drop 600 blocks where your cursor is)

Left-click to place foreground blocks, Right-click for background blocks

And tada! You are ready to go!

I haven't played around with using these blocks the light engine on. I will leave that up to you to experiment with new and wonderful ways of utilising these blocks.

Fully Paintable!

Green

Red

Blue

Yellow

Orange

Pink

Black

Grey

Recipe

It is available at the Wooden Workbench

1 dirt to craft 50 Green Screen blocks

If you have any suggestions, comments or critiques I would love to hear from you.

If you have any problems look into your log file at Starbound\storage\starbound.log and paste me the error in the discussion.

Steam Profile
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/sx-skittles/

Chucklefish Games Profile
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?members/drpvtskittles.96422/

Nexusmods Profile
    http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/users/6177151/?
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Do not include this mod in compilations.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.

Images

1. 128.jpg
    2. 255.jpg

Recent Reviews

1. alexxxddd
    alexxxddd
    3/5,
    Version: 1
    it's perfect for make renders