Adding a new diplomatic denizen to your universe for you to play as! Build, explore, experience what it is to be Greckan!
The Greckan were covered in a double-spotlight!
Check out GamingByGaslight's channel
[A Brief Summary of the Greckan]
Deep in the recesses of the universe, Erchius grows and develops. This resource, highly desired for the development of FTL drives, is more advanced than previously thought.
The events of the Erchius Mining Facility aren't the only occurance of Erchius infecting a host. In fact, a new species has been born of this union. The Greckan have emerged on a quest for knowledge. Knowledge of Erchius, the universe, what they truly are, and why they were created...
Greckan are composed of hybrid, organic-mineral structures. With their crystal features being a side effect of the ability for Erchius to alter their genetic code.
The Greckan value architecture and fine artisan crafts. This is stemming from the social hierarchy that exists due to the crystals that grow from their skulls.
Despite their skilled craft ranging from house wares to exquisite weapons, Greckan value diplomacy above conflict. They retain peace as they continue their hunt for knowledge of the mystery of Erchius and their own existence.
- A unique, customizable player race!
- A custom ship! Complete with all tiers of progression in Starbound!
- Greckan codexes, identifiable in your library with a bright magenta text. Icons have an identifiable crystal in the image!
- Complete Greckan NPCs and villages to find, explore, and experience!
- Custom armor tiers and planned weapons!
- [WIP] Complete object description patches for every object in Starbound! (Customized descriptions planned.)
- Custom sprited furniture sets, unique to the Greckan!
Scholar WallshelfStonework Bed
- Greckan tenants can move into colonies you own!
- Hire Greckan crew members for your ship!
- [WIP] Custom armor through Tier 4 now!
- Custom ship pet, the Fextal!
- Custom respawn animation!
- [WIP] Unique, visitable Greckan homeworld city, Da'at!
- Finished ship tier 8 to round out the progression entirely.
- Custom Greckan tenants and villagers, complete with Greckan villages.
- Finished, custom, object description patches for every basic object in Starbound.
- Finish armor tiers through the accelerator, manipulator, and separator tiers.
- Some very, very fun weapons with some highly unique, balanced, and custom abilities.
- Custom Greckan respawn animation.
- Greckan Golemancy! Awesome functionalities to make a unique experience.
- (Literally anything else that I may want/What is suggested to me.
- This mod requires the installation of a compatible race extender. (My recommended extender is Kawa's Xbawks-Mode Character Creator)
- Copy/Move the downloaded, corresponding "GreckanRaceMod_X.X.Xx.pak" file to either:Code:Stable: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\" Unstable/Nightly: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound - Unstable\mods\"
- Select and open either "Starbound" or "Starbound - Unstable"
- Select the Greckan race in character selection, and play the game!
- Alternatively, if you wish, there is a Steam Workshop release for Starbound Stable.
[Find a Bug?]
Attach your 'starbound.log' in the discussion tab with a summary of what you were doing at the time! This is VERY IMPORTANT!Code:Stable: "C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/storage/starbound.log" Unstable/Nightly: "C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound - Unstable/storage/starbound.log"
I can't fix a bug that I cannot find!The reviews section at the bottom of this page is for legitimate reviews concerning the concept of this mod.
Reviews are NOT the place to report bugs.
Any unreasonable/unjustified review WILL be deleted!
Use the 'Discussion' tab for such things!
- Chucklefish, for the very game you're here downloading mods for.
- Jareix Cryvix, for support behind the scenes for an enormous amount of things and also for his art above!
- Relten, for various little things that have inspired me to keep moving forward!
- Iris Blanche for letting me use a portion of her code to make the clocks function.
- AlbertoRota for his Golemancer Core Scripts.
- Amethystumn for the amazing concept art!
- The entirety of the Starbound community for making every day great!
[Want to Help?]
Do you like this race? Shoot me, Inf_Wolf14, a message!
Send me an offer or even some of your work on the mod. I'll discuss it with you, and we both may see it added to the main mod!
[Dead-Author Clause]In the event that this mod continues without update, and attempts to contact me, Inf_Wolf14, go unanswered, rights to this mod fall upon remaining member of its development team as listed in the metadata, by order of contribution.
Should one or more, inheriting, authors be also deemed unreachable, succession falls down the list until, ultimately, being released to the public.
Rights forementioned include the right to modify, alter, and redistribute the assets without my permission until the time at which I, the author, Inf_Wolf14, or another of the development team return and choose to retain ownership of said assets.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Greckan Race Mod v1.2.5a (SB v1.3.3)
Adding A New Race Of Diplomatic Denizens To Your Universe!