1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

The Grass Mod 3.1 Update for SB 1.1.1

Any grass on any block.

1. Markelius
    The Grass Mod is a mod designed to create a renewable and easy method to put any of the game's grasses on any block.

With this mod installed, most grasses in the game will drop seeds or samples, to collect them, simply break them with your matter manipulator like so:
    Starbound Grassmod Seedcollection.gif

Once you collect grass seeds or samples, you can grow them on tilled irrigated soil by simply throwing them at it like this:
    Starbound Grassmod GrassGrowth.gif

Some groundcover, like ash, sand, tar, hive grass, or others, can be put onto any surface, not just tilled irrigated surfaces. For regular grasses, if you want to place them on any surface, you will need to create The Grass Lab.

To do this, you will find the recipe in the inventors table, which is 10 Tungsten Bars, 1 Glass, and 2 Dirt. Once you build it, simply place it like you would any other crafting table.
    grassmod grasslab.PNG
    The interface should look something like this (old gif, current UI and recipes are slightly different, but mostly the same):

grassmod grasslabUI.gif

Using the grass lab, you will now be able to create "grass packs", which will allow you to grow grasses on any surface. You can also create grass plants which drop seeds when harvested, that look like this:
    grassmod grassplant.PNG
    Additionally, you can also build grass incubators for things like hive and slime grass that look like this:
    grassmod incubator.PNG
    They start out with 3 red lights, but once all 3 lights turn green, you can harvest samples from them.

Finally, for undergrowth and roots, you can build these growth trays:
    Starbound Grassmod GrowthTrays.PNG

Using all these tools, it should be easy for you to be able to grow any grass you find on any block!

Have fun, and let me know what you think in the reviews section below and discussion thread! Happy decorating!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. KateisLost
    KateisLost
    5/5,
    Version: 3.0
    Pure planty/grassy/viney goodness!!! This mod is a must have for anyone that loves to decorate with plant-life.
  2. NekoSoul
    NekoSoul
    5/5,
    Version: 2.5 (Glad Giraffe)
    Now I can decorate my garden
  3. billythenovakid
    billythenovakid
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1
    Very cool!
  4. Robhellspawn
    Robhellspawn
    5/5,
    AWESOME!!! I mean, this gives more creativity to building and such! being able to create gardens and all that!
  5. GoldenstarArtist
    GoldenstarArtist
    5/5,
    I love this mod with a passion! Though I wish more of the flowers/shrubs where craftable.. Look forward to seeing this mod update with more content in the future!
    1. Markelius
      Author's Response
      For the flowers/shrubs you might look into KateIsLost's Flower Gardening mod, it's really good!
  6. Extasiie
    Extasiie
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    Excellent ! Exactly what we need. The best and more updated grass mod. Thanks you alot !
  7. Ayamabuki
    Ayamabuki
    5/5,
    Just what I needed! Thank you! <3
  8. OcarinaHero
    OcarinaHero
    5/5,
    This mod is definitely high on my favorites list. It always annoyed me that once grass was gone it was gone for good. So nice to have a way to get it back.
  9. Devilini
    Devilini
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    This is really fantastic. Always wanted to replant the grass. Thnx u so much
  10. Vuldreg
    Vuldreg
    5/5,
    Version: 2014-09-06
    This will be great to have around, I'll finally be able to make a proper flying city out of my ship.