1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Glowing Ore 2.1

glowing ore

1. greenRAM
    GLOWING ORE for Upbeat Giraffe

Each ore glows with its corresponding color based on the original color in the pixel art.
    plutonium: glows plutonium purple
    aegisalt: glows aegisalt green
    coal: glows white for now.
    copper: glows copper brown
    crystal: glows crystal blue
    etc...

The surface :
    Coal.JPG
    Coal! Perfect for my space train!

Underground with the original vanilla lighting:
    index.png
    ...why are these caves so bright!? (What you'll get if you remove the lighting.config replacement in the mod)

The underground:
    underground.JPG
    ...so pretty!

This was just a proof of concept to see what could be done with the new update. There are many other glowing ore mods that do the same thing now that do this much better without having to patch the lighting config file.

Don't be afraid to go in and change things around for yourself. All of the patches I've made are free to take and do with as you please.

Recommendations:
    DW420 - Low Glow
    CyborgDragon's Glowing Chests

Also, give Amadox's Illuminated Ores and Seraph's [COLOREBOUND] a gander! Their glow effects are both much more subtle.

For the light.config patch without the glowing ore try out my LessLight mod. It should go without saying that this mod and LessLight are not compatible.
    beefjerky and SleepySquidd like this.

Recent Reviews

1. Leinad Werecat
    Leinad Werecat
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1
    This is perfect for people who are tired of digging for hours looking for ore and don't even realize they were mere inches from a giant deposit of what they were looking for. it also helps to make certain similar looking ores easier to tell apart.
  2. spaztheninja
    spaztheninja
    5/5,
    Really useful mod.
  3. bradley2070
    bradley2070
    5/5,
    yes i faund it
  4. rambetn
    rambetn
    5/5,
    perfect
  5. G4M5T3R
    G4M5T3R
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0
    Nice, I tried achieving this a while ago but never really got anywhere with it. Will recommend this!
    1. greenRAM
      Author's Response
      If you like this give Illuminated Ores and [COLOREBOUND] a look. Though, if ore visibility is your thing, than this is where it's at.
  6. EstatorVs
    EstatorVs
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0
    Thanks
  7. Scorpiocrow
    Scorpiocrow
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3.3
    Great mod,I‘m tired to search ore……
  8. alepiusaja
    alepiusaja