1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Glowing Chests 6.2

For all you explorers out there! It makes chests glow, making them easier to spot.

1. Predilecta
    Predilecta
    4/5,
    Version: 6.2
    cool, but could have a choice of only the modern chest shone, instead of all.
  2. leodudjak
    leodudjak
    5/5,
    Great ! nice work
  3. Fezz06
    Fezz06
    5/5,
    Great mod !
  4. Lengey
    Lengey
    5/5,
    NOICE!!!
  5. Multistream
    Multistream
    5/5,
    Version: 6.0
    Just hold Alt in game without mods and you will see every chest. But i do not want to hold alt everytime, so glowing chest is great solution
  6. Werez
    Werez
    4/5,
    Kinda bit cheating but nice.
  7. Jim9Parsons
    Jim9Parsons
    5/5,
    Nice!
  8. impbas23
    impbas23
    5/5,
    Version: 5.0
    put hat mod on steamworkshop please nice job :)
  9. Taters
    Taters
    5/5,
    Seriously cant live with out it, Great Mod~
  10. Sans the Skelebro
    Sans the Skelebro
    5/5,
    This mod is like batman, except we all needed and deserved it. Good work.
  11. TheArmchairExplorer
    TheArmchairExplorer
    5/5,
    Something that makes chests easy to see without straining my poor old eyes. Very nice.
  12. Yanazake
    Yanazake
    4/5,
    Version: 4.0
    This mod is great, it helps you find whatever is important down there, and even know if you should find floor when traveling underground instead of misleadingly falling to your death. I use the minimal setting, but it seems that after the update, instead of radial light these chests give off light forward. Need an update, but still does as advertised.
  13. khamal
    khamal
    4/5,
    great mod, hope to see it updated soon
  14. Mayoko
    Mayoko
    4/5,
    Thanks, I have noticed however with option 1 (haven't tested others) that there appears to be missed chests, these might not be all but they're the ones I've noticed thus far: wood chest, iron chest, pod chest, weapon chest, reed storage chest, ancient big chest, large primitive chest.

You can increase chest spawning with this mod: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/chest-mod.2960/ "chest mod" "chest-mod" and (probably?) find additional ones on different biomes/mini-biomes/higher tier planets. Thanks again. :)

ps I'm on pleased giraffe stable.
  15. acidgold
    acidgold
    5/5,
    good mod :D
  16. extremist
    extremist
    5/5,
    Great mod, but rainbow chests don't seem to glow for me. Other from that, all other chests do glow flawlessly. Loving it absolutely, made my starbound experience so much better. Proof on chest not glowing (http://prntscr.com/6yq1we)
    1. CyborgDragon
      Author's Response
      Hmm, just have a few questions:

Are you on stable, unstable, or nightly?
      Are you using the latest update I put out last night?
      And if so, which variant are you using?

I know from Upbeat Giraffe (which 3.0 was made for) to Spirited Giraffe they renamed the rainbow chests. I might've missed one somewhere, or they might've renamed them or moved them again if you're on unstable or nightly.
  17. neon_xeon
    neon_xeon
    4/5,
    Version: 3.0
    It is an essential mod but you have to reduce the light area more and make it more subtle atm it give more lighting than my ship's thrusters lol

Also in the latest version gunchest no longer exist so i had to delete the gunchest folder inside the mod to make it work
    Fix these and 5 stars from me
    1. CyborgDragon
      Author's Response
      Gun chests still exist, the issue was that it was trying to make them glow, when they already glowed, and Starbound doesn't like that. Either way, it's fixed now.

As for lighting, check out the latest update.
  18. Dragonspear
    Dragonspear
    5/5,
    Now I won't miss those millions of chests !
  19. enigma576
    enigma576
    5/5,
    Thank you for updating. Love your mod.
  20. Mikmoo01
    Mikmoo01
    5/5,
    Very Helpful when i'm looting!! :)