1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Glitchfix 2.0

Trepidation: I don't think that neck is structurally sound.

1. HoaxRumors
    NOTE: I have been informed that Glitchfix is not functioning by at least one user. I'm looking into it; if you're having the same issue (the mod simply not working, even if it shows up in the active resources list) please let me know in the discussion thread. Thanks!

I'll keep this short: the Glitch body textures, male and female, have these flimsy little pipe-necks. I thought it was a glitch (ha!), but I think it was just the way it's meant to be, since they're still that way since a couple updates ago. Regardless, it looked weird to me.
    So I changed it.

[​IMG]

TA-DA.

Installation: Drop Glitchfix.modpak into your giraffe_storage\mods folder.
    Uninstallation: Delete it. Really, shouldn't be that hard.
    Permissions: Eh, whatever.

Troubleshooting:
    Q: The game isn't loading, and it says this mod is to blame!
    A: Starbound's updated. You could wait for this mod to update-- which, I'll be honest, I'm horrible at remembering things sometimes, so that may be a while-- or you can do it yourself! Like so:
    1. (on Windows) Open cmd.exe and point it to your mods folder.
    2. input the following (assuming 64 bit windows; if 32 bit, change accordingly)
      Code:
      ..\win64\asset_unpacker.exe Glitchfix Glitchfix
    3. open Glitchfix\pak.modpak in your text editor of choice (I suggest Notepad++ myself) and change "Beta v. Upbeat Giraffe" to whatever the latest version is (for example, if the latest one is called Mollified Dromedary, you'd change it to "Beta v. Mollified Dromedary") and save the change.
    4. Go back to your cmd.exe window and input the following:
      Code:
      ..\win64\asset_packer.exe Glitchfix Glitchfix Glitchfix.modpak
      (dunno why it requires 2 instances of the 'what is the folder called' entry but w/e)
    5. You're done! Enjoy your updated wider neck.
    (If you're not on Windows, I have no idea what to do, sorry.)
    Future Updates: Haha what.

Thanks: To the grandest of PH.D bearing liquids, Dr. Pepper, because I'm a Pepper too. And you can't tell me otherwise. Now get that straight jacket outta my face and go away, I need some time alone with the good Doctor.
    Smart_Guy and Starbound playa like this.

Recent Updates

1. Feeling upbeat.
  2. Version update.

Recent Reviews

1. Patople
    Patople
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0
    Now my glitch is one step closer to be a real boy!
  2. Mr Mishmish
    Mr Mishmish
    5/5,
    Version: 2014-01-29
    my glitch looks better now, thanks.
  3. Damiano de' Caretti
    Damiano de' Caretti
    5/5,
    Indeed...or else,where should the wires and pipes pass from?
  4. Ray87
    Ray87
    4/5,
    A good mod but I don't think the glitch ever had full necks - I just came across a glitch sandstone statue decorative object and it also has just a small stick of a neck, and the description is that it is a good likeness lol but a very good mod for those who wish they had a real neck not a lollypop stick
  5. Hayther
    Hayther
    5/5,
    I thought it was just because they had a little cord attaching their neck and torso. Thanks for this! I no longer have cord man!
  6. Nilly00
    Nilly00
    5/5,
    and i thought it was because i weared armor but finally its fixed thank you sooooooooo much
  7. UncleBobby
    UncleBobby
    5/5,
    I have a neck!
  8. badboy_zay
    badboy_zay
    5/5,
    thanks, I think it happened after the Furious Koala
  9. skulledrebel
    skulledrebel
    5/5,
    Joyful. Does what it says on the tin! I have a neck!