NOTE: I have been informed that Glitchfix is not functioning by at least one user. I'm looking into it; if you're having the same issue (the mod simply not working, even if it shows up in the active resources list) please let me know in the discussion thread. Thanks!
I'll keep this short: the Glitch body textures, male and female, have these flimsy little pipe-necks. I thought it was a glitch (ha!), but I think it was just the way it's meant to be, since they're still that way since a couple updates ago. Regardless, it looked weird to me.
So I changed it.
Installation: Drop Glitchfix.modpak into your giraffe_storage\mods folder.
Uninstallation: Delete it. Really, shouldn't be that hard.
Permissions: Eh, whatever.
Q: The game isn't loading, and it says this mod is to blame!
A: Starbound's updated. You could wait for this mod to update-- which, I'll be honest, I'm horrible at remembering things sometimes, so that may be a while-- or you can do it yourself! Like so:
(If you're not on Windows, I have no idea what to do, sorry.)
- (on Windows) Open cmd.exe and point it to your mods folder.
- input the following (assuming 64 bit windows; if 32 bit, change accordingly)
..\win64\asset_unpacker.exe Glitchfix Glitchfix
- open Glitchfix\pak.modpak in your text editor of choice (I suggest Notepad++ myself) and change "Beta v. Upbeat Giraffe" to whatever the latest version is (for example, if the latest one is called Mollified Dromedary, you'd change it to "Beta v. Mollified Dromedary") and save the change.
- Go back to your cmd.exe window and input the following:
..\win64\asset_packer.exe Glitchfix Glitchfix Glitchfix.modpak
(dunno why it requires 2 instances of the 'what is the folder called' entry but w/e)
- You're done! Enjoy your updated wider neck.
Future Updates: Haha what.
Thanks: To the grandest of PH.D bearing liquids, Dr. Pepper, because I'm a Pepper too. And you can't tell me otherwise. Now get that straight jacket outta my face and go away, I need some time alone with the good Doctor.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Outdated Glitchfix 2.0
Trepidation: I don't think that neck is structurally sound.