1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Glitch Layered Shuttle - Outdated v0.2

Experimental mod expanding a ship into layers

1. Storm_UK
    This is an early mod I made for my Glitch character which expands the vanilla ship with additional 'layers' to port and starboard, as well as changing the basic objects and adding a few more to fit the Glitch ship.

http://gfycat.com/FamiliarNaiveEnglishsetter

As usual with ship modifications, it is highly recommended you backup your characters original .shipworld files before using this, and move any items you want to keep off the ship or out of storage to a planetside location. Once backed up in a safe location, delete the Glitch characters current .shipworld files, and this mod should replace the vanilla ship accordingly.

You will find a Glitch Ship Key in the ships onboard storage unit.
    glitchshipkeylarge.png
    On pickup, this will unlock a new tech, Security ID. Once locked in and whilst this tech is active you will be able to use the doors against the background wall or exits marked on the floor which will lead you to another layer of the ship by pressing "F" whilst near such a door or exit. A new Glitch character will find his or her second quest about this key and in this case it will vanish once completed.

Additional objects
    The metal chandelier lights and bulbs can be taken down, whilst the 'warp drive' and doors/hatches are indestructible.

Please note this mod was originally more for my own experimentation than for official release so it is far from perfected - I'd really like to get the doors to properly open before the player moves to another layer, for example, and close behind them. Obviously, I'd also like this to be functional without need of tech although this is currently unfeasible due to scripting limitations on the player.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Do not include this mod in compilations.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Updates

1. Reduced mapsize (not shipsize!)

Recent Reviews

1. Kritik
    Kritik
    5/5,
    Version: v0.2
    Can you make the rest of the races?
  2. Damiano de' Caretti
    Damiano de' Caretti
    5/5,
    This is amazing....it ought be implemented in the vanilla game...
  3. Ilusiveman
    Ilusiveman
    5/5,
    Cool. Please make other spicies ships too :)
  4. willowseo
    willowseo
    5/5,
    Version: 2014-05-09
    If you do not plan to make a spaceship human version, maybe based your MOD and I want produce a ship of the human version.
    @_@ Use some of the translations.
    1. Storm_UK
      Author's Response
  5. Airtamis
    Airtamis
    5/5,
    This is definitely my favorite ship mod out there
  6. Shichirobei
    Shichirobei
    5/5,
    The system is incredible, really like it!. Bro, if i send you my personal ship mod, can you add layers like that on it :)?, i will pixelate doors and warps and the layers too. Just let me know!. Thanks!.
    1. Storm_UK
      Author's Response
      Glad you like it. It may be better to talk about applying this to another ship mod in discussion here or find me on ##Starbound-modding in irc for a chat sometime. I'm sure if you look through the files you'll see its not that difficult to do yourself :)
  7. james88
    james88
    5/5,
    This is a great mod keep it up
    :D
    1. Storm_UK
      Author's Response
      Thanks! this was actually my first mod before I began work on my graviton elevators but hadn't released it as I thought there wasn't much to it. Glad people are liking it!
  8. HuggableCreep
    HuggableCreep
    5/5,
    I Shall Hope that this makes its way into the actual game, and this is one of the best ship mods out there
    1. Storm_UK
      Author's Response
      I'm sure its not best just a very simple concept, thanks though! :)
  9. mastercookie
    mastercookie
    5/5,
    really nice idea. i always wished u can do stuff like this with common buildings, for example one layer for outside view and another layer for inside (and when u go through the door of the building, outside layer becomes invisible). not sure its possible though.
  10. Momentousmario
    Momentousmario
    4/5,
    Acess violation detected at 0x634388 (read of adress) 0

Stack Trace...
    sehtrampoline()
    ClientContext::rpcInterface()
    UniverseClient::rpcInterface()
    MainInterface::renderInit()
    ClientApplication::renderInit()
    ClientApplication::update()
    StarApplicationBase::run()
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

Got this error message after creating a glitch character with this mod :<
    1. Storm_UK
      Author's Response
      Can you check you attempt to start a Glitch character again and post the starbound.log file on discussion here please? I should be able to see what is causing the problem from that.