1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Get Dyes Easily 2022-02-13

Brings another way to get dyes.

1. Hepsylone
    If, like me, you like to make good skins for your characters, you will probably have the problem of running out of petals for your dyes.
    Since there is no other way to get petals than by collecting them from the correct planets, I thought it would be a good idea to create a "farmable" way to have lots of dyes.

Use tomato, pineapple and grape juice to make the three basic dyes.

(I came up with the fruit juice idea because it kinda makes sense and pretty easy to get without feeling like you're not playing vanilla.)

1.png 2.png 3.png

Reminder
    If you are on Windows, and starbound was downloaded from Steam, here is how to install this mod:
    > WIN + R
    > %programfiles(x86)%\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods"
    > Enter
    > (On WinRAR) Extract the mod to the "mods" file you opened earlier
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    Devin_Plombier likes this.

Recent Reviews

1. That1Rand0mChannel
    That1Rand0mChannel
    5/5,
    Version: 2022-02-13
    Excellent mod. It was always a bad choice that Starbound only stuck to the trope of "only flowers can let you make dye" instead of providing other choices for people like me who don't want to rely on the repetitive flower way, not to mention that Starbound is a game that takes place in space, so many of the alien planets should have their own way of creating normal stuff instead of the normal standard way. Anyways I'm getting a bit off track, all I want to say is thanks for creating this mod, it makes sense to have a different way of creating dyes and saves time, especially if my inventory gets overfilled with a bunch of fruit that will rot in 1 minute.
    1. Hepsylone
      Author's Response
      thank you very much for the nice feedback, that's exactly what I wanted to do, make the game more enjoyable =) !