1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated GardenBot 1.2.0 [20140424]

Automated Gardening Robots that work for YOU

1. Major Crop Changes!

tynaut
    **THIS VERSION OF GARDENBOT ONLY WORKS WITH THE LATEST 20140424 STABLE BUILD**

Greetings everyone! I'm happy to announce a new and improved GardenBot!

A few weeks ago, Chucklefish added some new code support to the game (in unstable) to be able to get more information about crops. I've been eagerly awaiting the push of this new code from the unstable branch to the stable so I can...
  2. Major warm ups removed to align with vanilla crop change

tynaut
    Greetings fellow gardeners,

I'd like to address an issue that has been around for awhile. Previously, in vanilla Starbound, crops would grow randomly while you were logged out of game, or in another world. This is the reason that Persistent Farmables was created, and is the same reason that GardenBots were given a warm up period. Since GardenBots could not detect the random change in growth, they would wait a certain period (based...
  3. LumberBot Bug fixes and Improvements

tynaut
    Minor Patch to things:
    - Fixed a bug that was referencing an old asset that was no longer in use
    - Fixed a bug with LumberBot's idle logic, he will now properly return home when he can't find something to do
    - Changed the planting of saplings to allow one space between saplings. This is to address the issue in vanilla where saplings occasionally vanish when planted together.
    - Increased LumberBot's range for working, because...
  4. HotLumberfix

tynaut
    - Fixed an issue where Bots would duplicate seeds in their inventory.
    - Updated LumberBot's pickup list so that he'd gather all vanilla tree drops.
  5. You've been waiting for it!

tynaut
    Hey everyone! It's been awhile since the last update. Just wanted you to know, I'm not lost, I've just held off any of the minor fixes till I could get something major in... And that something major that has been requested several times is finally here:

LumberBot!
    That's right, never cut down another tree, because there's now a bot to do it for you. LumberBot has officially been added to this...
    Marxon, RyuujinZERO, eliure and 3 others like this.
  6. Hotfix to add GardenBot back into the crafting list

tynaut
    Sorry, I accidentally removed the GardenBot spawners from the crafting list in the previous update.
  7. Compatibility Fixes!

tynaut
    Arkfall likes this.
  8. Rollback for Performance Fix

tynaut
    Sorry guys. It looks like the 0.8 release was causing some performance problems, as well as issues with Persistent Farmables. I rushed in a change I shouldn't have, and as such have removed it for now.

***I strongly advise that you dig up your crops before installing. It is possible they will all vanish, or that they at least just need to be picked up and replanted before they stop causing performance problems. I apologize for this, but there is no way around...
    Wulfens likes this.
  9. Better Crop Compatibility, I hope

tynaut
    Greetings. Mostly this update is to address compatibility with other mods. I've move all non-vanilla crops into a separate mod (GardenBotCropSupport). For this release both mods will be packaged together, but I will set up a different mod for the crop support so they can be released individually. Moving forward, you will need to download both if you want to run GardenBot with the addition of any supported mod that adds new crops. I hope that this makes the process easier, and is clearer when...
    Sasquas and sosmic like this.
  10. Unpacked GardenBot 0.7 for Unstable

tynaut
    I've been told that mods using the .pak system don't work in the unstable version of Starbound, and that the asset unpacker won't unpack them. Uploading an unpacked version of 0.7 for now. No changes in this version, just unpacked.
    artilect, Crisium and Finn Learson like this.