1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated GardenBot 1.2.0 [20140424]

Automated Gardening Robots that work for YOU

1. BebopCola
    BebopCola
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2.0 [20140424]
    One of my favorite mods. I'd love to see it implemented into the core game. I'm hoping the creators stick with it through each stable release as I consider it a necessary mod.
  2. cozie306
    cozie306
    4/5,
    is it compatible with farmable ore mod?
  3. boxtw
    boxtw
    5/5,
    food
  4. Bergelmir
    Bergelmir
    4/5,
    Very nice, but sometimes it is a hassle with plants that use two blocks in width.

Keep up the good work!
  5. variablenonsense
    variablenonsense
    4/5,
    I love this mod! Absolutely love it. However, I've noticed that the bots don't seem to pick up the functional crops from Frackin' Flora, like the ignus chili pepper and ... some mushroom you throw I believe, just off the top of my head. They don't produce food, they produce consumable weapons. Is there any way I might be able to get them to pick those up too? Other than that, wonderful. Can't garden without these little guys any more. ;D
  6. player7895123
    player7895123
    5/5,
    NICE~
  7. Zeroxore
    Zeroxore
    5/5,
    Best mod ever.
  8. Phantaeon
    Phantaeon
    5/5,
    This mod especially helps me with Stim Lab Mod since it requires farming. but both my friend and I really don't have the time for it all. Amazing mod. Oh and the marker problem? I just uses a wall of 2 blocks high :P. easy solution. Also this is just my opinion but wouldn't you think this mod fits in better with the Harvesting & Crops section?
  9. alphabetsoup
    alphabetsoup
    4/5,
    Very useful mod, works nicely. It allows me to have the benefit of having lots of produce, but without all the hassle of having to pick up all my hundreds of seeds and replant them all.

It also has good visual appeal: the bots are cute, and also come in randomized colours when you put them down. I like that the farm bin sprites 'fill up' when there is something in them, it is a cute touch.

Two things that kept me from giving it a full 5/5:

If you have a farm marker right up against a door, like so:
    marker ---------bot------------ marker [door]
    the bot may wander outside of its boundary on the door side when the player opens the door. Not entirely sure what causes this.

Using these on large farms may cause some lag on less powerful machines.

Overall, 4.5 out of 5 (but the rating system only lets me choose full stars). I would recommend this for anyone who plays strongly on the farming aspect of the game, as it is a great time saver. I would also recommend running this in conjunction with Tymorus' Farm Stand mod, giving you some extra utility (and money) for surplus crops.
  10. Windcaller
    Windcaller
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1.0
    Oh, the usefulness! A must-have for farmers! I really like this mod a LOT!
  11. Amcapps
    Amcapps
    5/5,
    Great mod! very useful! One thing I noticed was Lumberbot puts wood in crops bins. Could you make the lumber bot not put wood in the crops bin? I noticed Lumberbot will put them in the bin that is closest to him regardless of what bin it is. Still it is a very well made mod! Keep up the great work!
    1. tynaut
      Author's Response
      Thanks! All bots just look for any storage container, so that everyone can use whatever they like for storage. Unfortunately, yes, this means bots just drop items off in the closest location. In order to keep all containers available, I think the best solution is to just build walls with doors, or enough space between farm and trees. Sorry about that :(
  12. redlace
    redlace
    5/5,
    I love my little gardening robots! They take some of the grunt work out of gardening! I am also using this in conjunction with the Farm Stand so I can make some extra money by selling my crops, works great! Thanks for such a fun and useful mod!
  13. thakyZ
    thakyZ
    5/5,
    Love this mod it now let me be lazy about farming :P
  14. drencor
    drencor
    5/5,
    Great automated bots to plant and harvest crops. Thus far I have used it on my own private server and works great. I love it.
  15. lornlynx
    lornlynx
    4/5,
    It's a really great idea and very useful, but the AI needs more work. I caught both bots behaving irregular and getting stuck repeatedly.
  16. befoul123
    befoul123
    5/5,
    I really like this mod. Before this I would almost never farm. Now every character I have always has a farm. Thanks for the hard work!
  17. legal1ze
    legal1ze
    4/5,
    very nice ! can you make it compatible with HempCraft mod? AWESOME
    1. tynaut
      Author's Response
      Sure thing. I'll post an update to the support page in the next day or so for HempCraft.
  18. epicpotato7
    epicpotato7
    5/5,
    Fantastic Mod. I'm loving the new LumberBot. This has to make it to the vanilla game.
  19. jakonaci
    jakonaci
    5/5,
    This mod has saved me so much time. Thanks!
  20. Wolfrayet
    Wolfrayet
    5/5,
    Very handy, thank you kindly.