THE 1.2.0 VERSION OF GARDENBOT WILL ONLY WORK WITH THE LATEST STABLE BUILD  IF YOU ARE NOT RUNNING THIS (OR UNSTABLE) PLEASE USE AN OLDER VERSION OF GARDENBOTWe are please to announce the newest release of our automated gardening bot series, the GardenBot v80g & v81g! These bots won't tire after a long day of hard work, in fact, they will continue to harvest your farms for you throughout the night. Their radio frequency technology allows them to detect crops even in pitch black. They come with a sturdy, patented alloy shell that won't wear out through any conditions. Acid rain? No fear, they will continue working! While the GardenBots have been known to occasionally eat a stray seed, they will work hard tilling your garden, and happily deposit your reaping in a cozy bin, which you can collect at your leisure. Buy your own personal GardenBot today, and take a nap while they do all the work. Why stop at one, when you can buy a whole farm full of GardenBots!
From the robotic crafting table craft the GardenBot, place it on the ground and interact with it. Soon, his internal computer system will boot up. GardenBot will wander around looking for some crops to harvest, or items to gather. If you want to give him a little kick start, throw a few seeds at him. He'll pick up the seeds from the ground and find the nearest place to plant them. Once your garden bot is on the move, craft a Crop Bin from the wooden crafting table. Place the Crop Bin next to your garden, and your bot will locate it, and deposit anything he collects there. Want to collect all the produce he gathered? Simply interact with the Crop Bin and take what you want. Sick of dealing with your GardenBot and you want a refund? Well, there are no refunds... but if you destroy him, he's likely to give you back all your seeds.
+ GardenBot - automated bot, to do your gardening
- Finds crops to harvest, when they are ready
- Gathers seeds that fall to the ground
- Gathers produce and plant fibre dropped during harvest
- Replants seeds it has gathered (Will only plant on tilled land, you must do the tilling!)
- Deposits all the harvested materials in a nearby storage container
- The current GardenBots in this mod are configured in the 'inefficient' tier. Which means they are programmed to wander around a bit, and not pick work based upon distance. Future tiers of bots will be efficient and have a better ability to work. If you are impatient, and don't like this feature, consider the time you are saving from harvesting crops, or stop using GardenBots.
+ LumberBot - cuts down trees, plaid and a beard
+ Collection Bins - GardenBot will deposit items into
- Cuts down trees
- Gathers wood, plant fibre, and saplings
- Replants saplings
- Drops it all off in a nearby container
- LumberBot will work in the 'wild', but he works best when given a relatively flat surface to work in. In the wild, he will sometimes be unable to reach targets due to terrain, or elect not to approach them because of walls blocking his view.
- Many of LumberBot's abilities have cool down times, which means it often takes several seconds for him to cycle through different stages of determining what work to do. If it looks like he's ignoring a tree, it's probably because he's too tired from the last time he cut down a tree.
+ Garden Markers - mark off the ends of your garden regions
- Crop Bin and Wood Shed
- GardenBot will use seeds stored in Collection Bins, if you empty them, kindly throw some seeds at a nearby GardenBot
- Collection Bins are not essential to this mod, it just adds a little fun to the gardening vibe, any container will work with this mod
+ GardenBot Recipes added to Robotic Crafting Table.
- Prevents GardenBots from passing and straying out of the garden
- Garden Marker, Garden Gnome, and Scarecrow
- There are a few known issues with markers not always functioning properly that are still be worked out, sorry!
+ Garden Marker Recipes added to Robotic Crafting Table and Wooden Crafting Table.
+ Collection Bins Recipe added to Tier 1, Wooden Crafting Table.
- Delete previous versions from your mod folder!
- Download and unzip current version of GardenBot
- Move the gardenbot.modpak folder into the /Starbound/mods folder
**This file does not go into a subfolder! You only need the .modpak file in the /mods folder
- Bug fixes and and compatibility with mods
- Possible tiers of better garden bots, that get the job done at a higher rate.
- Possibly allowing bot to till dirt for more planting.
- Adding racial Gardener NPCs with spawners
For Support with Other Mods
GardenBot no longer needs support to be compatible with other mods, at least 90% of the time. If you have old crop support installed, you should now remove those. The following cases are when compatibility support will need to be created:
- Modded crop does not contain "seed" in the object name. Crop harvested but will not be planted.
- Modded tree drops additional resources besides wood. Tree will be cut, but resources not gathered.
If you are a mod owner with one of these, or you encounter a mod that does not work with GardenBot, please contact me.
Garden Bot is NOT compatible with Persistent Farmables
If you are running Persistent Farmables, you will need to remove the mod. As it overwrites functionality in vanilla that is now used by GardenBot, additionally, PF is no longer needed as its features are included in vanilla.
If you are removing Persistent Farmables, make sure to dig up your crops BEFORE removing the mod, or you will loose all placed crops.
Be sure to check out StarboundBase an awesome database site for Starbound.
If you run into any bugs or have any feedback please do not hesitate to contact me and let me know what I can do to improve this mod.
Thanks, and Happy Gardening!
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Outdated GardenBot 1.2.0 
Automated Gardening Robots that work for YOU