1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Full Custom Signs (Deprecated) 1.3.1 (Upbeat Giraffe)

Make your own custom signs! Animated! Wired! Now with full RGBA support and a snazzy interface!

1. Kawa
    Kawa
    5/5,
    Version: 1.3 (Upbeat Giraffe)
    Excellent idea, great execution, and a veritable tour de force of what you can do with a custom UI.
  2. StarMiner909
    StarMiner909
    5/5,
    Version: 1.2
    I - I - Itttsss so beautiful! *Cries from true awesomeness*
  3. Shadowracer77
    Shadowracer77
    5/5,
    Amazing, just like photoshop… but different!
  4. EstatorVs
    EstatorVs
    5/5,
    WOW! But too many colors. Example, like a red danger sign.
  5. Azraile
    Azraile
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    WOW, this is amazing.
  6. Pixelguru26
    Pixelguru26
    5/5,
    I LOVE this mod. (I do a lot of pixel art and building, but I've never had the decorations I've needed. :/) Just one question: is there a place it stores the pixel art as .pngs or .gifs? (if so, I have a new pixel editor...)
    1. Wellbott
      Author's Response
      The signs store as arrays of ones and zeroes... all in the game save file somewhere. I tried to make the editor function as much like paint as I could.
  7. Windcaller
    Windcaller
    5/5,
    This mod is AWESOME! It will help me a lot. This is really useful!
  8. coolsp0t
    coolsp0t
    5/5,
    This mod uses the power of Lua. Nice work!
  9. zeskorion
    zeskorion
    5/5,
    finally away to better decorate my ship
  10. Shadewarp
    Shadewarp
    4/5,
    Works as promised - very nicely done! My game get's hurt by the lag though, from using frames - but all in all very useful!
  11. Camtire
    Camtire
    5/5,
    This is a wonderful mod. Very well done :) I wish I was talented enough to make something this complex. It works perfectly as described.
  12. Dzony_B
    Dzony_B
    5/5,
    Really cool mod.
  13. Seterwind
    Seterwind
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    This is an excellent use of the new scripted objects ability. Passing from the tech to the property of an new spawned object, and that property being what particles to spawn. I see how scaling this technology is going to be a tedious challenge, but it's doable.

I look forward to this mod being improved. Thanks for showing everyone some great use of creative coding.
    1. Wellbott
      Author's Response
      If I can find a way to expand the color palette without bloating the objects, then there'll be very interesting things coming. Increasing the cpu load of each sign 20x to accommodate more colors isn't a viable option...
  14. pacha1500
    pacha1500
    4/5,
    Great idea! But can you make colorful?
  15. joshissac
    joshissac
    5/5,
    This should be in Vanilla :3