1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Fuel Mod 1.01

correct fuel rods and reduce reliance on coal early game

1. silver7017
    This is a very simple mod which makes it worthwhile to smelt fuel ores (uranium, plutonium, solarium) into rods, rather than using them in their raw form. Currently, unmodded fuel rods are worth 50% of the fuel of the ore used to create them. I have adjusted this value to 125% of the fuel of each rod's components.

The second part of this mod is I have added molten cores as a fuel item, which grant 200 units of fuel each. My reasoning for doing this is as an early game boost, given that bosses now drop 5 of their respective items, I felt it wasteful not to give this item a secondary and also suitable purpose. This also has the effect of reducing reliance on coal as fuel in the early game, which is extremely wasteful of the one mineral type that remains useful throughout the entire game.

update 1.01 - I uploaded the wrong version the first time. The molten cores worked fine but the fuel rods didn't. everything should be fixed now, sorry for the oversight on my part.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. Nightfare
    Nightfare
    5/5,
    Version: 1.01
    This is great! I'm wondering though, did they miss this while programming, since i feel like this should be part of the game, or else there'd be no point in refining rods for fuel
  2. Gun_Shy
    Gun_Shy
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0
    The idea to allow Molten Cores to be used for fuel is AMAZING. Before I really knew anything about Starbound, and I did some research, I found out that the first boss dropped Molten Cores, and my first thought was "Oh, that must be a better source of fuel!" It just makes sense, dude. Good going.