Note that there is no way to exit the new mission (Shoggoth dungeon), so you will need to type /admin in order to warp out for the time being (or exit game and relaunch)
This is a rather large update, and a lot has been changed. Much of it is streamlining crafting recipes a bit, but with the addition of new crafting resources. Also, an in-progress dungeon with a boss and a large portion of the Science mod powered stations. Read on for the full list of changes.
- Magnesium Ore is now Magnesite Ore. It remains exactly the same, but for the more accurate name.
Carbon (extract from coal or diamond, or use the atmosphere condenser to extract from the air)[ used for carbon plates, graphene ]
Salt (extract from water, or via atmosphere condenser) [worked into many recipes]
Oxygen (extract from water, or via atmosphere condenser) [worked into many recipes]
Hydrogen (extract from water, or via atmosphere condenser) [worked into many recipes]
Nitrogen (extract from poop, algae, flower seeds, pus, jungle dirt, mossy packed dirt, sewage, biodirt or from the air via atmos condenser. Also, you can now smelt plantfibre to get nitrogen as well) [worked into many recipes]
-added Wolframite ore. It is found on Mountainous biomes most abundantly, along with primeval, rainforest and a select few others in lesser amounts, and can be smelted to produce Tungsten Bars.
-fission furnace steel recipe now gives 20 rather than 6 steel bars.
- bees mod flower seeds can now be extracted for Nitrogen
-added underground biome to mountainous biomes to utilize the new ore table
- red sand should now properly craft glass
- helium3 can now be obtained by extracting from Moondust
- tons of recipe changes (over 100) with the addition of so many new resources. Many were streamlined to require less overall ingredients which makes your easier.
-quests updated in all the spots i could remember where the above is now relevant. let me know if any others have out of date recipes mentioned. (codexes have not been updated)
- added Gene Storage as a reward to the biochipbase quest. That should help the early bloat for FU players a great deal.
- fixed an erroneus entry in the design lab quests, which should allow the line to be finished now
- added Science mod quests to the science outpost.
Science Mod additions:
- Pick up a matter assembler and some titanium to get your science crafting started. You’ll need to wire stations to the generators for them to function.
Station: Solar Panel - limited power generation. Maximum output of 2. Obviously works better during the day, and also at higher altitudes.
Station: Thermal Generator - decent power generation. uses paper, wood, erichius, solarium, coal, methanol, biofuel and matter blocks as fuel. The better the source, the higher the output.
Station: Fission Reactor - excellent power generation. uses various fuel (uranium, plutonium, all
FU biofuels, and solarium). Note that the more fuel rods per generator, the more deadly the radiation becomes. If it flashes yellow or red, it will cause damage when you are within 10 tiles. It causes the FU type of radiation damage, not vanilla.
Tier1 to Tier3 of batteries. Connect these to a generator to start slowly storing power. You can use the batteries as power outputs.
Station: Atmosphere Condenser - sucks materials from the atmosphere. It produces a variety of resources. Some are rare, others uncommon. The extraction rate is every 2 seconds for normal items, but 3.5 when an uncommon item is created, or 5 when a rare item is created.
Station: Powder Sifter - sifts materials from sands, ash, and other loose materials
Station: Arc Smelter - super-fast smelting of goods, with a chance for bonus goodies. currently only does vanilla ores and items.
Power Sensor - detects how much power output a generator has once connected
Station: Hydroponics Tray - grows seeds at a faster rate than conventional farming. Wire it up, and then add a seed, some liquid and an optional fertilizer. Fertilizers will increase growth time and yield, and different liquids produce better results as well.
Valid fertilizer: Fertilizer, Fertilizer 2, Fertilizer 3, Pesticide
Valid liquids: Water, Swamp Water, Alien Juice, Blood,Organic Soup and Healing Liquid
- Added beginnings of the Shoggoth quest. You can get it at the Science Outpost and access it through your SAIL.
- adjustments to the ExtraDungeons dungeons (by Luthor614)
- added additional Elder Tile
- added science mod Meat Plant. it spawns only on Atropus worlds. Unlocked with Rotting Flesh block.
Added Inertial Lock tech
- added Deep One monster (by dasmole)
- two new critters added to penumbra biome (by dasmole)
- tar golem should no longer drop PGIs
- significantly reduced the HP and touch damage on the night slimes on Gelatinous worlds (the old boss and its minions from EK stable) as they were far too tough for anything under tier 4 or 5 to even do decent damage against. This made it exceptionally hard to get enough Endomorphic Jelly for crafting slime gear at the point it actually remains useful in progression.
- added some protection to the above mentioned slimes
- reduced loot amount on slime monsters as well. They were dropping entirely too many pixels.
- all armor has been rebalanced. This may require new suits to see the effect, though it should hopefully update all your existing suits. Many armors will be far less effective, as they were rather broken , stat-wise
- added Heat Shell and Plasma Light (Science mod)
- new armors (from Rise of the Hylotl)(thanks to seancruz): Missionary, Sirens Armor, Shadow Armor, Cellular Armor, Ultra-Mesh - added Diamond Lanter (rise of Hylotl) (thanks to seancruz)
- added various weapons (Rise of Hylotl) (thanks to seancruz)
- added and rebalanced a whole slew of weapons from Science mod. There’s some neat stuff here. You’ll have to find the unlocks yourself, too many for me to bother listing right now.
- rebalanced the aquatic armor set stats
- rebalanced several armor recipes. For instance, armored snowpants no longer require plastic (since the whole point is to have them for the UFO boss to avoid the snow effect, and many don’t have plastic at that point)
- slime launcher graphic changed to not look like a stinky piece of crap
- tidewater and mountainous biomes now have a max threat range of 5. Good suggestion from @chean
- added new background parallaxes from Nightly to some biomes to see how they look
- fixed up a slight issue with the vanilla biome spawn merges. I had them set to replace, rather than add to the list. Thanks to thunderbird123 for pointing it out. I’d totally forgotten about it.
- removed “hive” block from the fu hive biome, as it has honeycombs and they clash.
- mountainous biomes now have vastly increased surface ore density, giving them a more appealing reason to visit.
- fixed a typo in quest: Beer, Beer, Beer!
- corrected vanity helm masking. you should no longer turn bald when wearing them
- fu ores will now drop on death on Normal mode.
- Sulphur storms are a bit more dangerous now, causing the acid effect when you are struck.
- dozens of tiny fixes and adjustments
- replaced bog ambiance loop with one featuring no dad and daughter speaking. my bad
- bug net should now unlock the bees crafting station
- added some more elder decoration (dasmole)
- corrected atropus biome ambiance
- corrected a broken extraction recipe for wild bloodroot seed
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.