1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

FrackinUniverse 6.4.0

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. greenRAM
    greenRAM
    5/5,
    Version: 6.1.33
    Tried it out again and the new changes are all rad. The research trees help a lot. The changes to the bees system is fun. I'm still not a fan of the BYOS ships, but being able to upgrade the ship's stats with new engines and crew was pretty fun. I really like the design of the Uros IV BYOS ship.
  2. Mmartin12
    Mmartin12
    5/5,
    Version: 6.1.30
    I love this modpack. Might you want to put in a handheld terminal?
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      Wouldn't be possible: it relies on the wire connection to operate! Wish we could.
  3. SOP31
    SOP31
    5/5,
    Version: 6.1.29
    A permanent Staple in Starbound gaming
  4. Renjmon
    Renjmon
    4/5,
    Version: 6.1.28
    This mod well complements and diversifies the "vanilla" game.
    But there are too many specific races to play with. Plus, stability-compatibility is in great doubt regarding other modifications.
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      We're pretty stable, so long as you consult the provided incompatible list on the wiki! We make sure folks have that available to reduce their issues from the start. Thanks for playing!
  5. the3rdkira
    the3rdkira
    4/5,
    Version: 6.1.28
    Pros: Suprasses vanilla game in almost every aspect, total rework of game with a huge amount of new, high quality content. Adds much of replayability to the somewhat lacking base game.

Cons: Overcomplicated crafting tree, overwhelms player with a large amount of information at start, worse learning curve compared to original game.
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      Fair criticism, especially if you are not a reader by nature. This is largely by design, and understandably not everyone's cup of tea:)
  6. StarFAmed
    StarFAmed
    5/5,
    Version: 6.1.23
    The best overhaul i have seen in years you can play it without finishing starbound and it will still makes since its literately the best rework of starbound i have seen just i wish more mods can be compatible with FrackinUniverse
  7. Drakkus
    Drakkus
    5/5,
    Version: 6.1.23
    Genuinely love this mod, been playing since well before the beevamp and I had too many characters running around too far ahead to get the final steps done in any timely manner, so I said screw it, and made a new character. The research tree, while I didn't like it at first what with all I needed to get through on old characters, is a FANTASTIC system for just starting the game. It's very straightforward and understandable, plus, past experience reminds me of where to make the stuff I need, so it's just like wow, I love this. Speaking of starting afresh, I have a stream that I do Wednesdays playing FU, and yelling at the fuzzy bastard on your starter planet, would love if you'd come and say hi/give verbal support! twitch.tv/drakkus28
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      ill check the stream out during work this week maybe:)
  8. HoodKing
    HoodKing
    5/5,
    Version: 6.1.22
    The game won't start after download, instead gives a fatal exception error as well as an error saying it couldn't open a fie
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
  9. Alejandrofg347
    Alejandrofg347
    5/5,
    Version: 6.1.20
    :3
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      !!!! Also, thanks!
  10. Ghajari
    Ghajari
    5/5,
    Version: 6.1.182
    I wish you all the best with this project and how you keep shaping it and fixing it, it's like playing a different game, thank you very much, for making all this possible.
  11. Alpha007
    Alpha007
    2/5,
    Version: 6.1.17
    Was, and still is, a good mod. For how long though is unknown, so play it while you can. Continued changes favor more and more whatever the dev prefers over any other player preferences, and a quick search on google, reddit, or on their own discord will tell you that this is and will always be the case.

Additions such as the new and improved(?) research tree take one step forward and two steps back. While figuring out what you need has never been easier, getting it is now a tiresome process that takes easily double or triple the time it needed prior, which could have easily taken hours in previous versions.

Continuous updates like this paint a bleak picture in my own opinion on this mod, and I can only cautiously recommend this if you are okay with having to do everything yourself, look it up, spend a long time doing anything (and yes, I mean anything.) and possibly endure passive aggressive comments from the developer/author.

Hopefully, with time, most of my issues could be sorted, but I am not hopeful that anything of the sort will happen.
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      Fair points, band you're welcome to the opinions.

Continued changes will continue to favor what the devs want, because its -our- hobby/free time and -our- mod. Of course its going to be what we want. You'd do the same with your own work. Thinking otherwise is, frankly, silly. Nobody is obligated to change things because you personally dislike them.

The community likes the new system, and they are the metric we judge by. If you have specific suggestions on improvements, feel free to suggest them.
  12. Alejandrofg347
    Alejandrofg347
    5/5,
    Version: 6.1.16
    It is a very good mod. I downloaded it again since they released a new version. Could you tell me how much it weighs in total?
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      look at the size of the zip file, it should tell you already. Its around 700mb though.
  13. Cory25
    Cory25
    5/5,
    Version: 6.1.16
    I played starbound a very long time ago, like when it was just realease. I saw the teasers and trailers for it a while back since it's release and I just fell in love. In the first versions of the game, I did everything and stopped playing, since I no longer had a computer to play it on. Now, im getting back into starbound, and I thought what the hell, I'll put a mod in. I choose this. You have no idea how fucking confused I am, but in a good way, I played for 5 hours today and barely made progress, I spend more time on google than in the game, but dear god is it fun, I really can't imagine this game without this mod, and I must say that it should be added to vanilla starbound. Mod is great, fucking confusing, but GREAT! (Please add some sort of extra item. or a guide which helps you find certain items, I wish I could go on starbound wiki, but through an in game food so I would'nt loose any of the imersion).
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      That item exists, and is dictated to you directly in-game when you explore the science outpost. Likewise, there are in-game guides and the like as well as 100+ tutorials in your tricorder. No reason to be confused if you read all that info ! Enjoy!
  14. loR69
    loR69
    3/5,
    Version: 6.1.14
    One thing, the inventor station does not work, I have to do something or I just installed the mod wrong, I love the mod
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      Yes it does. You did not read anything in-game. The auto-update popup plainly describes the new system, as do the in-game codexes and the miraheze wiki linked on the starting screen. It also tells you this information when you create a character , immediately after being on your ship. Please do not review things negatively if you cannot bother to read the information you are given.
  15. Chuckle_F1re
    Chuckle_F1re
    5/5,
    Version: 6.1.13
    good
  16. SOP31
    SOP31
    3/5,
    Version: 6.0.154
    every thing with this mod is excellent all but the number of loop holes i have to jump through to download it from Github, everytime i press download it stops , i tried using github desktop and android app and still no use...i would also appreciate less frequent updates and more effort with optimization and performance not to mention compatibility with other major mods, this is an excellent mod definitely recommend and only not 5 stars due to all the frustration it has caused
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      I have no control over your access to git, nor its speed. There is no other logical place to host it. Either way, that is completely beyond my control. You could use steam, or alternatively you could clone directly from git, rather than download it each release.

Every update improves opts and performance. We've done this for 6 years. We will continue to do so. You know this if you've played for any length of time.

Incompatibilities are not simple, like you seem to think, in most cases. The vast majority cannot be avoided. We fix those that can. We are compatible with pretty much every major mod that exists, save the ones we literally have no way to be compatible with.

As for update frequency: I update when there is a release ready, and when it is convenient for me in my spare time. That means at least one a week usually.
  17. DundySundy
    DundySundy
    5/5,
    I love this, and its don't get me any problem, I love it so much.
  18. commanderdarkkirby
    commanderdarkkirby
    3/5,
    its a great mod but, why did you have to make melee weapons drain your energy when using them?? please tell me there is a way to disable energy consumption when using melee weapons cause i do not want to wait longer to recharge or become suddenly vulnerable and unable to attack. melee weapons were a great way of waiting for your energy to recharge after using a ranged weapon and were able to fight back affectively while you waited. but now you had to ruin that by making melee drain your energy which really messes things up for people that played mostly vanilla and the older versions of the mod. i don't care if we have to adapt, just add in a option to disable that annoying feature.
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      Combat was overhauled, and balance was adjusted to suit. There were many reasons for the change but the primary reason was that melee was straight up -better- in almost every circumstance. Now, you need to be prepared and not just spam the attack button, using mechanics to your advantage.

You can still fight without energy using melee. Your only limitation is slightly reduced damage, and inability to use combo attacks. Otherwise they function perfectly fine without energy.
  19. Tsukistar
    Tsukistar
    2/5,
    It's... Kinda meh? It adds a lot, and when you know what you're doing it's interesting and fun. But it's very much sensory overload as to what to do with how many earlygame quests there are to choose from, and it expects you to retain a lot of information while piling more and more on. Maybe it's good for someone who does want way too much stuff to do, but it's just plain too much for someone such as myself.
    1. sayter
      Author's Response
      Fair enough. It's not for everyone and has a steep learning curve.

2 stars is quite harsh given that it works fine and does what it says on the tin, though. But at least you tried it!
  20. Hatefulpeace
    Hatefulpeace
    5/5,
    Version: 6.0.153
    Great mod thanks so much for your time, and I really appreciate your work on the research tree, it is super well done. It is better than ameven 4x games research trees I've played. I really enjoyed how you added a potato to thr first electric tree haha.