1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated FPS-Booster v3 Pre-Release of V3 Upbeat Giraffe

FPSBooster

1. Glitchtrapito
    Glitchtrapito
    5/5,
    Version: Upbeat Giraffe
    Having a laptop that can barely run Chrome, this mod suits me like a glove to be able to enjoy the game in a more decent way and without so many slowdowns :D
  2. xaliber
    xaliber
    5/5,
  3. RockOptimuss
    RockOptimuss
    5/5,
    Just tested it for A while and... A major thanks is due. Thank you.
  4. Devlin Duke
    Devlin Duke
    5/5,
    While i will miss those pretty backgrounds that give the game atmosphere, my CPU thanks you so much for doing what the creators should have made an Option.

Less pretty, but at least i can play the damn game~!
  5. marioyup
    marioyup
    4/5,
    Wow! It is quite useful this mod to make my game much faster I thank you with all my heart <3
  6. Calmenero
    Calmenero
    5/5,
    This improved my game performance and fps by alot. Very useful.
  7. amirpicazo
    amirpicazo
    5/5,
    llevo como una hora buscandolo y al fin lo encuentro
  8. fabialvarado10
    fabialvarado10
    5/5,
    :D
  9. OmniGeoff
    OmniGeoff
    4/5,
    Hey! First of all, great mod! However I was going to ask if you were going to remove tree particles? Cutting a large amount of trees down causes a huge lag spike. I think it's the particles. Thanks!
  10. kierouano
    kierouano
    5/5,
    Thank youu! :) it really helped
  11. Akossss
    Akossss
    5/5,
    Works great for me, even on glad giraffe. Boosted my FPS from 12 to 30.
  12. Bluebirdy90
    Bluebirdy90
    5/5,
    Please update. I depend on your work to play. Thank you so much for what you do!
  13. Starcana
    Starcana
    4/5,
    Looks good! though theres a noticable lack of boost due to the prescence of the backgrounds. Is a new version in the works for this still?
    1. Bert John
      Author's Response
      Atm, No. Was there, Yes. Sadly i attempted to fix some issues but i either messed up somewhere along the line, Or it just wouldnt work. Since then i haven't bothered to attempt a third try to fix it. On the next stable update ill probably try again then. Until then, pre release v3 is all i got sadly.
  14. SwiftySnivy
    SwiftySnivy
    5/5,
    FPS booster v3 currently broken in spirited giraffe and because those annoying backgrounds are back among 5 mins into the 1st mission my laptop crashes on me, i cant continue playing because of the annoying BG and i fully support this mod if it can continue please

http://i.imgur.com/GuyJrdo.png
    1. Bert John
      Author's Response
      Interesting. ill remake my character and see what i can do. Curious why those still exist 0.o. Wonder if missions have their own parallaxs in their folders now.
  15. tomatelopes
    tomatelopes
    5/5,
    It's a great mod, I used it a lot a few months ago, but doesn't it receive updates anymore? Spirited Giraffe is already out. Can you remove all non-important particles? /Sorry4BadEnglish
    1. Bert John
      Author's Response
      Don't worry, I am still here and updating the mod as i need to. And really only as i need to. This version works with all the stable updates + atm. Until it becomes broken, i probably won't update it for the time being unless i find its broken or i find a way to fix the bugs with this release.
  16. Creedios
    Creedios
    4/5,
    This Boost is awesome, but it removes the background so yeah kinda annoting but all in all its a rel fps boosting mod
    1. Bert John
      Author's Response
      Think of it this way, Instead of you looking out in the distance, your character is looking at the stars!
  17. nathan00107
    nathan00107
    5/5,
    I didn't think this would work at first but holy was I wrong. I can now play smoothly in fullscreen because of this mod! Thank you so much!
    1. Bert John
      Author's Response
      Hehe, Your welcome :) Sorry i can't give you the full experiance of fpsbooster!

The mod is a bit incomplete at the moment, but every bit helps! Im glad i could help.
  18. Baleur
    Baleur
    5/5,
    So it simply just removes parallax and backgrounds?
    I wish you would have mentioned it in the description at the top.
    1. Bert John
      Author's Response
      Heh, I remade the page, Didnt think anyone read it. Suppose i was wrong then! But yes, Backgrounds in starbound cause immense amounts of lag, On poor GPU'S anyways. Now only if i could fix object lag.
  19. Xacris
    Xacris
    5/5,
    Version: Giraffe
    Definitely helped my framerate quite a bit. Wasn't quite able to smooth out the framerate around my massively modded farm planet, but helped everywhere else!
  20. Perch Maverick
    Perch Maverick
    5/5,
    Version: V2.3 Enraged Koala
    went from 1 frame to 5 frames, i give it a ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) out of 6-IGN