1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated FPS-Booster v3 Pre-Release of V3 Upbeat Giraffe

FPSBooster

1. Bert John
    FPS-Booster v3! [Pre-Release]
    Last Update: February 10th, 2015.

PLEASE READ Known Bugs Listed Bellow Before Downloading/Using! This Is A Pre-Release
    I really wanted to just get this out there to people, This edition. ill be fixing the rest of it soon! but this is what i have for now. enjoy

Welcome to the New And Improved FPS-Booster mod page! FPS-Booster's main purpose is to boost your game performance. Not your skills ofcourse, But your framerate!

What is "Framerate"? Well the simple version is, All games have something in common, And thats called "Frames Per Second". The Preferred/Desired framerate is either 30, Or 60. However, Some peoples computers, Just can't run this game at 30, Or 60 fps. So what aimed to do, is make it so people with computers who can't reach that 60 fps, Reach atleast 30!

How does this mod improve my Framerate?
    Well in starbound, Backgrounds cause large amounts of lag, on your graphics card[Or otherwise known as GPU]. What FPS-Booster does is for those low end computers out there, is removes them so players can still play. So playing on things such as labtops with poor graphics chips can still play, Provided they got processing power & arn't on power saving mode!

Why do i need this mod? Well, Not everyone does! But there are a select few who need it and i aim to target that specific audience, So they can enjoy this wonderful game with the rest of us. I know exactly how it feels when i buy a game, and i can't run it, It just blows. Granted since your reading this, I mean you! [More than likely anyways :p]

How to install:
    -Delete the old FPSBooster mod! Very important you do!
    -Extract mod into mods folder. Heres on how to install mods now:

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/guide-to-installing-mods-v-1-2.89072/
    Basically it just says drop extracted mod into Starbound\VersionNameHere\mods\
    [This version is starbound\giraffe\mods\]

-IMPORTANT: Make sure within the folder you extracted, has several folders & a file called fpsbooster.modinfo (.modinfo may or may not appear depending on your OS type[Windows/Mac/Linux/Other], just make sure the fpsbooster file is present!)
    -Done And Enjoy.

Modpack Permsisions:
    Feel free to modify, Distribute, Re-Distribute anywhere you feel like! Aslong as your not claiming its all done by you, Feel free to do whatever you wish with this mod. Its really up to you on what you do with this mod. Want to make it compatible with others? Go ahead! Want to re-release a "light" version of it? Go for it! Just make sure you add me(Bert John) into the credits!

Bugs! For V3
    • Sometimes after death, And returning to a planet will cause the game to make big colourful circles in the sky
    • Weird shapes appear in the sky, Still unknown what this is, Trying to find it/remove it!
    • Using this mod seems to slow down the game, But increase framerate, i suspect the integration of my mod changes to the game assets is at fault here, probably doesnt like that these are still raw files. But hey, beta!
    Compatibility:
    -Still incompatible with mods like Spacebound & Various other graphics altering mods. Specifically vannila parallaxs. Aswell as mods that use vanilla starbound assets.

Like My Work? Please Give It A Like Below! Or comment.:kitten::kitten2::kitten:
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. Glitchtrapito
    Glitchtrapito
    5/5,
    Version: Upbeat Giraffe
    Having a laptop that can barely run Chrome, this mod suits me like a glove to be able to enjoy the game in a more decent way and without so many slowdowns :D
  2. xaliber
    xaliber
    5/5,
  3. RockOptimuss
    RockOptimuss
    5/5,
    Just tested it for A while and... A major thanks is due. Thank you.
  4. Devlin Duke
    Devlin Duke
    5/5,
    While i will miss those pretty backgrounds that give the game atmosphere, my CPU thanks you so much for doing what the creators should have made an Option.

Less pretty, but at least i can play the damn game~!
  5. marioyup
    marioyup
    4/5,
    Wow! It is quite useful this mod to make my game much faster I thank you with all my heart <3
  6. Calmenero
    Calmenero
    5/5,
    This improved my game performance and fps by alot. Very useful.
  7. amirpicazo
    amirpicazo
    5/5,
    llevo como una hora buscandolo y al fin lo encuentro
  8. fabialvarado10
    fabialvarado10
    5/5,
    :D
  9. OmniGeoff
    OmniGeoff
    4/5,
    Hey! First of all, great mod! However I was going to ask if you were going to remove tree particles? Cutting a large amount of trees down causes a huge lag spike. I think it's the particles. Thanks!
  10. kierouano
    kierouano
    5/5,
    Thank youu! :) it really helped