1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Fight For Universe: Per Aspera Ad Astra 0.055

Modular Starship Construction System & More Planned

1. eliure
    eliure
    5/5,
    Version: 0.054
    i like this mod alot.
    but i like chrome corgi would like a version with just the ship construction.
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
  2. Chrome Corgi
    Chrome Corgi
    5/5,
    This would be amazing, but I'm worried about the gigantic change to gameplay you intend to implement. Is it at all possible to make a separate mod with just the ship construction?
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      I think it is possible. Since planned changes are far way off before actually being implemented on levels I need, I think current modular spaceship mod will be released as separate mod.
  3. Draulor
    Draulor
    5/5,
    You sir, are a wonderful, wonderful guy. I rate you with.. everything I got, which is like, 3 lint hairs. They're yours if you want them. However there is one thing that slightly concerns me, and that is me playing as a Glitch inside a Human ship. Other then that. I will be lurking extra hard within your mod as long as you keep up this wondrous work!
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      Thank you for heartfelt review dear Sir :) Currently I'm only missing function to predefine color for background and foreground tiles/blocks in .structure and .dungeon files (for objects such function already exist). As soon as it will be implemented, I will start working with all my might to implement rest of the faction's graphics. It won't take too much time, because framework for is already laid out for a while.
  4. FoxDoji
    FoxDoji
    5/5,
    Hello there are a few things i want to note
    i had to change quite a few things to make this work.

i love the idea of this mod

here is what transpired,

i happen to use Vulpes mod no shock there i suppose.

anyway, i noticed right off that all the other races worked fine no issue and then looked and noticed that the custom race had its own
    universe_server.config
    and that it was listing a connection to a dropship.structure ect ect

so i changed that removed the dropship files inside of the ship folder and replaced it with the one in the folder when unpacking

i also noticed something odd. you mentioned to name the directory in universe_server.config
    to any custom races to ("customrace" : "/ships/default/default_ship.structure")

you clearly state to rename the customrace part to whatever the race is (Example, Vulpes) so it would read
    ("Vulpes" : "/ships/default/default_ship.structure")

but then i also realised that you need to add a , to the end of the line as well unless its at the end of the code. so it would read as
    ("Vulpes" : "/ships/default/default_ship.structure",)

then i noticed something even more odd you are having us use
    (default_ship.structure) as the ship to read when it needs to be
    (ship_frigate.structure)

so after an hour or trial and error i found the proper way to add custom races for me anyway was to use

How i fixed my race step by step
    ▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
    1. place ("customrace" : "/ships/default/ship_frigate.structure",) where "customrace" is name of your custom race.

2. Check for any universe_server.config files in your race folder,
    making sure any coding in universe_server.config in that races file was reading as (ship_frigate.structure) NOT default_ship.structure ect ect

3. (i do not know if this helped (but my game is working fine so might want to do it as well.))
    (1)Run ffu_paaa_unpack batch script.
    (2)Open the folder ffu_paaa when unpacked and navigate to the ships folder and then to the default folder
    (3) Copy the files into your custom races ship folder: (background.png),(ship_frigate.structure),(ship_frigate_blocks.png)
    ▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

sorry for the long post and sorry if this is not a fix for others

this is how i got my game to work with Vulpes i dont know if anyone else has issues with other races or if it was just me with Vulpes but anyway i hope this helps someone.
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      Oh, Thank You! I was so focused at modding in other features, that I forgot to mention that I replaced "default_ship" with "ship_frigate" - now I've updated main description at main page and everything should be ok now. Thanks again for pointing this out
  5. zmct99
    zmct99
    5/5,
    This mod is AMAZING! But, can you please make a) a mac version (I have a dual-boot computer), and b) a .modinfo file for the mod, so that it works with the mod manager? This would be very much appreciated, but I completely understand that it's in very early development. Again, incredible ship-building system!
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      Thanks. As for Mac version creation, I will need your help with testing, since I don't own Mac, but as for Linux, it runs perfectly fine, so theoretically there shouldn't be any problems. But if there are, send me via PM log's content, I will check what I can do.

To play this mod you only need "ffu_paaa.modpak" file in mod's directory. In next update I will put unpack/repack Windows Scripts in to different archive, that could be downloaded separately if somebody want to change alter my mod's contents.

Older system that uses separate .modinfo is still part of Starbound but it will slowly becomes deprecated, since very soon servers will push mods to user, if user do not have them installed it. And they will push entire mod with single file, and this file is .modpak file, in addition .modinfo is actually used inside .modpak. So, IMO, it's bad idea to return back to older system, where mods is unpacked.
  6. jayer31889
    jayer31889
    5/5,
    Awesome mod, but can you fire this ion cannon yet?
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      Thanks. Well, I will be able to implement Ion Cannon firing only when Binary Modding or actual Planetary Bombardment will be implemented.
  7. That Bearded Dragon
    That Bearded Dragon
    5/5,
    Version: 0.053
    Do I need to say anything that says how good this mod is?Nope no need to say a thing,to busy building my ship :D
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      Well, now since most parts are tiles/blocks, you can build really huge ships without FPS drops. So enjoy :D
  8. jayer31889
    jayer31889
    5/5,
    Looks awesome, but i was wondering, is this mod compatible with MadTulip's spaceship mod?
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      Thanks. I think it compatible, because the only file that both of us change is universe_server.config. All other object are saved under different names.
  9. roxinom
    roxinom
    5/5,
    Love it. Thank you~
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      You're welcome :)
  10. redlace
    redlace
    5/5,
    one of my favorite mods. best custom ship option available. looking forward to every update!
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      Once the Binary Modding will be released, you will see world I meant to show to players via this mod. Let's hope that we will see Binary Modding very soon :)
  11. Nicklam445
    Nicklam445
    5/5,
    Version: 0.052
    Cool!
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      Trying my best :)
  12. ECC
    ECC
    5/5,
    Apparently I have to write something constructive here.

This mod is fun, opens new possibilities, and plays well with others. I really can't say much for its progression as it's mostly not implemented due to base game discrepancies. However the author is kind, witty and intelligent. He knows what he is doing and I trust he'll fulfill his aspirations with this mod very well.

If you are looking for a mod that adds sanity and harsher worlds, you are in the wrong place. This mod doesn't do that yet and possibly ever. If you are looking for a mod with an active and friendly modder with dedicated fanboys and girls to answer your every question as best as they can, you can stay here and enjoy, you're in the right place.
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      Well, I will try my best :)
  13. neiroka
    neiroka
    5/5,
    мод отличный!
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      Thank you :)
  14. gafen
    gafen
    5/5,
    Version: 0.0491
    a great mod
    1. WarStalkeR
  15. KREDERAX
    KREDERAX
    5/5,
    FANTASTIC !
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      Thanks. I'm doing my best!
  16. SimmPole
    SimmPole
    5/5,
    Whats implemented so far is awesome, looking forward to seeing more from this mod.
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      I will try my best :)
  17. skulledrebel
    skulledrebel
    5/5,
    Felt like an overhaul and I loved it! I have lower-end PCs so it didn't quite run as smoothly as I hoped but it was fun anyhow! I love the concept behind the mod and it looks great put into the game!
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      I spoke about performance issue with Kyren and she said that engine is actually very far from being optimized as intended. Basically it means when Starbound will get to Release Version, this mod will smoothly even on low-end PC.
  18. ECC
    ECC
    5/5,
    Excellent mod, I like the direction this mod is planned to go. Just a few questions.

1: For the [s]filthy[/s] casuals, will there be module support? That is to say, perhaps someone only wants the shipbuilding aspects, but don't want to have to deal with something like food decay or water purification(just examples, don't know if that is planned or not). Would you support modules where people can pick and choose aspects of play?

2: How is 'air' planned to be handled on the ship? I'd like to go further into detail with this subject but I am not sure how you plan to handle air, if at all.

3: Why aren't you on the IRC? or if you are, where can I find you. I want to [s]annoy[/s] talk to you. ;)

4: Should I have ideas or thoughts for you, or you want a sounding board, where do I go? Admittedly, I have no idea where anything is here.
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      1) Originally it was planned as solid. Will it become module like during development or not, I sill don't know, depends how Binary Modding will be implemented. But on my official server it will hosted with all aspects enabled.
      2) Well, this question I will be able to answer when Binary Modding will be implemented. There is chance that I won't need to work on it, since it is something planned by Tiy a long time ago.
      3) I'm on IRC when I'm not at work. You can catch me at weekend 24/7. My timezone is GMT+2 :)
      4) I welcome new ideas, you always can post them in my topic :)
  19. TheStarBoundFanboy69
    TheStarBoundFanboy69
    5/5,
    Version: 0.049
    yeah this mod is Amazing, love it. i have two request, and to 2 request only.

1. racial ships would be friggin awesome!

2. Also it is very laggy, i am not sure u can do any thing about that though( not ur fault but if there is a fix for that, can u tell me)

Other then that this is my favorite mod, keep it going!
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      About Racial Ships - when devs will implement capability to use Paint Tool on objects too, I will start working on it.

This mod lags because of unoptimized engine mostly and when PC is too weak. But it starts to lag extremely even on my Hardcore Gaming PC if there are too much parts used. This is exactly the reason why I added 2x, 3x, 4x, & 5x parts, and probably I will add even bigger parts to reduce load.
  20. Death Harbinger
    Death Harbinger
    5/5,
    Version: 0.047
    Are you updating it to Furious koala soon? Or its going to take more time? Cant wait to continue using it! Awesome mod!
    1. WarStalkeR
      Author's Response
      Already updated it ;)