As of 25/03/2015 development of the Fight for Universe: Per Aspera Ad Astra is put on hold, until more deep and advanced modding API is released.
Per Aspera Ad Astra - in Latin language it means "Through Hardships to the Stars" in other words, this is my intentions to add these "hardships" through my modification and yes it means my modification will be a hardcore one... a very hardcore one.
I'm plan to increase game complexity by adding highly detailed interface, increase amount of parameters and add environmental effects, which will make survival harder, revamped material systems, advanced construction and production systems, colonial warfare & etc. Entire list of my modding plan you can read here.
So far I've only implemented and integrated Starship Modular Construction System. But more things to come as modding API will be improved and Binary Modding will be implemented for complete control over moddability of game (ask Kyren about it).
This is how it looks, when ship is during construction:
And this is how ship looks, when I finished constructing it:
• Address: soon-tm.info
• Port: default (21025)
• Limit: 48 players
• Version: v0.055
• Password: Katafalk
• Current Status: Offline
1) Remove previous version of mod, by deleting "ffu_paaa_vX.XXX.modpak" from "Starbound/mods" main directory.
2) Download file "ffu_paaa_vX.XXX.modpak" via link I posted and copy it in to "Starbound/mods" main directory.
3) Start game and Enjoy.
1) Start new character or remove ".shipworld" file from your "Starbound/player" folder.
2) Use teleport as starting point of any construction, because even if you remove it, you sill teleport back to original place.
3) User Red & Blue Matter Manipulators only for spaceship construction to avoid destruction of balance.
4) Enjoy. You should have Spaceship Modulator, which allows you to build spaceship parts.
1) Go to the "Starbound/mods" folder.
2) Create file "ffu_paaa_unpack.bat" in folder "Starbound/mods" with content:
2) Create file "ffu_paaa_repack.bat" in folder "Starbound/mods" with content:Code:mkdir ffu_paaa ..\win32\asset_unpacker.exe ffu_paaa.modpak ffu_paaa del ffu_paaa.modpak /s /q
4) Run created ffu_paaa_unpack batch script.Code:..\win32\asset_packer.exe ffu_paaa ffu_paaa.modpak del ffu_paaa\*.* /s /q rd ffu_paaa /s /q
5) Folder ffu_paaa folder will appear. Go there.
6) Open universe_server.config with any text editor.
7) Beside already existent lines such as "human" : "/ships/default/ship_frigate.structure" after it (or before) add line "customrace" : "/ships/default/ship_frigate.structure" where "customrace" is name of your custom race.
8) Go back to main mods folder. Run created ffu_paaa_repack batch script.
9) Now custom race also has modular spaceship. This way you also can do any other changes you want to mod. Enjoy.
P.S. Use teleport if you fall during constructions from ship.
P.S.S. To open new parts I've added you just need to put Spaceship Modulator back to inventory and special trigger automatically will open all new spaceship parts I've added in newest patch.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Outdated Fight For Universe: Per Aspera Ad Astra 0.055
Modular Starship Construction System & More Planned