1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Extra biomes 1.5 (Outdated)

More planet & cave types in starbound!

1. apinanaivot
    Warning! This mod is right now very buggy and does not work with other biome mods. I recommend you to download Frackin' Universe Instead

Planet Biomes:
    Boreal forest
    boreal.PNG
    Tentacles
    tentacles.PNG

Tentacles were removed from Upbeat giraffe so I added them back
    Metal Biome
    metal.PNG

Metal biome is a great source of iron. Found in fiery stars and it has high temperature
    Cold desert
    Cold Desert.PNG
    Charred forest
    Charredforest.PNG
    Dark Forest

Dark Forest.PNG
    Forest with no natural light
    Underground biomes
    Chucklefish has removed 10 old underground biomes from upbeat giraffe. i added all of them back! Here they are:
    • Abandoned Mines
    • Colorful
    • Coral cave
    • Crystal cave
    • Heck
    • Hive
    • Shroom cave
    • Slime
    • Sulphur
    • Zen

Things that will be added in future updates
    • Rock planet biome
    • Slime planet biome
    • Many underground biomes and sub-biomes converted to entire planet biomes.
    • Healing water, coffee and oil oceans
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    gallahaaz likes this.

Recent Updates

1. 1.5 - Underground biomes
  2. 1.4 Dark forest
  3. 1.3 - Charred forest

Recent Reviews

1. TheSpiderDungeon
    TheSpiderDungeon
    5/5,
    Version: 1.5 (Upbeat Giraffe)
    I've been looking for a mod like this since Upbeat Giraffe came out! Thank you!
  2. Ninjawa
    Ninjawa
    4/5,
    Incompatible with Fracking Universe and basically any other biome mod. You should use the patch system. I won't be using this mod until it uses the patch system.
    1. apinanaivot
      Author's Response
      Yeah. it is right now very buggy but it will probably be merged with fracking universe
  3. sayter
    sayter
    4/5,
    A good start, but you are overwriting the terrestrial_worlds files and others, rather than using the new patch system. This will cause compatibility issues down the line. I would recommend fixing that up for your own sanity :)
  4. Maxiplayer
    Maxiplayer
    5/5,
    Version: 1.4 (Upbeat Giraffe)
    Outstanding, A+ mod
    Can't wait to see more
    1. apinanaivot
      Author's Response
      Thank you! You can suggest what kind of biomes you would like to see
  5. Cedarfang
    Cedarfang
    5/5,
    Version: 1.4 (Upbeat Giraffe)
    The first biomes mod to crop up for the unstable version proves to be more of an extension of the game and less of a game-changer. It blends perfectly with the vanilla game, and, quite honestly, I would love to see more mods that augment current features. 5/5