1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Extended Story 1.5.4.6

Adds a lot of content to Starbound including weapons, biomes, dungeons, and bosses.

1. Lunar Eye Gaming
    [​IMG]
    Summary
    Extended Story is a mod that adds a large amount of content to the end of the game along with a small amounts of content during the game.
    Some of this content includes many weapons and boss encounters. Several features include access to ancient weapons, an ancient forge, and strong bosses.
    Please refer to the "Getting Started" codex that you can craft in the [C] menu in order to get started on this mod.
    Bugs and Support
    All bugs are to be reported to the Extended Story Discord server(link below) or in the discussion section of the Extended Story forum post. They may also be posted on the Steam Workshop page(more information there).
    If you need support on something, you can post your questions in the same places that the bug reports go.
    Content List
    This mod adds:
    • 14 boss encounters
    • Over 45 weapons
    • 10 dungeons
    • 5 armor sets
    • 8 biomes and 2 minibiomes
    • 2 new weapon types: the Chain Gun and the Slingshot
    Credits
    Music
    Event Horizon by Alxd Music. Theme altered to loop properly. Licensed under CC-BY.

Killers Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
    Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
    Theme altered to loop properly.

Penumbra Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)

Final Count Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)

Battle of Kings by Per Kiilstofte
    Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International

Grit by Volt Mother. Theme altered to loop properly.
    Contributors
    • Portal Mech: Frozen Dimension ideas, Vitalium Relic Guardian
    • GogglesTV (from Steam): some ideas, and some of the microdungeons for the Forgotten biome.
    • Kam (from Steam): Oblivion Katana unique weapon
    • the knight (from Steam): Ultimatium concept
    • NerdCuddles (from Steam): Finding the track "Grit" by Volt Mother, some ideas
    • Raphael (from Steam): Some of the early ideas in Extended Story, including Ocean Guardian set
    Compatibility
    Here are the mods that are confirmed to conflict with this one:
    • Common Treaty Organization Mod(according to the Starbounder wiki)
    • Factions: Removes the Mysterious Artifact from the Vault Guardian drop pool.
    • Frackin' Universe: Modified SAIL does not show Extended Story missions. Revert to vanilla SAIL to fix this issue.
    Mods that are not on this list are compatible with Extended Story or not confirmed to be incompatible. So far, mod incompatibilities in general have not been shown to cause permanent changes to characters or worlds.
    Links
    Discord Server: Makes talking to the developers more convenient, especially for contributors to this mod.
    Steam Workshop Version: A quick link to the Steam version of Extended Story.
    Github Repository: For public testing of Extended Story updates that are in development.
    Wikia Home Page: Made by Killey the Killer or The supersun warrior. This is where you can find detailed information about Extended Story's content.
    Extended Story Development Roadmap: Keep yourself notified of the updates to Extended Story.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.

Images

1. Shot325.png
    2. Shot326.png
    3. Shot327.png
    4. Shot349.png
    5. Shot350.png
    6. Shot351.png
    7. Shot352.png
    8. Shot353.png
    9. 211820_20180702160037_1.png
    10. 211820_20180702160948_1.png
    11. 211820_20180702162215_1.png

Recent Updates

1. Release 1.5.4.6 - Bug Fixes
  2. Release 1.5.4.5
  3. Release 1.5.4.4 - Patch

Recent Reviews

1. Artiene
    Artiene
    2/5,
    Version: 1.5.4.6
    Sad !..I don't know why I keep getting just Extended energy and Terraformers as drops from Ancient Bosses ..nothing else , already kill 3 of those bosses ,as to the same effect , which prevents me from continuing the story line ... : (
    1. Lunar Eye Gaming
      Author's Response
      Which ancient bosses are you referring to? The Ancient Vault guardians, or the bosses in the Bossvault?
  2. faennia
    faennia
    5/5,
    Pretty nice mod!
  3. Hatefulpeace
    Hatefulpeace
    5/5,
    Thanks for uploading here for the GOG users, since steam blocked mod downloads
  4. NightmareDL
    NightmareDL
    5/5,
    Version: 1.5.4.3
    So far the new weapons are very good
  5. smashmallow101
    smashmallow101
    4/5,
    Version: 1.5.4.3
    Not exactly top quality, but still pretty fun
  6. Namidith
    Namidith
    5/5,
    Version: 1.5.3.1
    PLEASEļ¼1.4and1.41 in the boss battle, random auto come back my ship.....
  7. alvaro8522
    alvaro8522
    3/5,
    there's a problem with the ice maps because it does not let me enter them
  8. llya969
    llya969
    4/5,
    I have some sort of problem with dropbox.
    But so mod is good
  9. man with the Universe
    man with the Universe
    5/5,
    An impressive update, I must say, that I spent hours playing this mod, and the corrections improved the experience! surely the best mod I ever play
  10. man with the Universe
    man with the Universe
    3/5,
    Version: 1.5.3
    I had a problem, when I tried to bean down from my ship to the planets, the game returned me to my ship, is it a problem of my starbound or do I need another mod? what about the weapons, bosses and history of this mod is great, is the good part of this mod
    1. Lunar Eye Gaming
      Author's Response
      Apologies for that issue. Expect the patch to fix this and some other flaws in the new update to be released tomorrow.