Stardew Valley has a buggy Random Number Generator (RNG). Likely C#'s own System.Random class, a "really bad" PRNG.
Zoryn4163 created the "Better RNG" mod (available only via GitHub) that fixes this bug.
Problem is: "Better RNG" uses Mersenne Twister, a slow and kind-of-problematic algorithm.
This mod replaces SDV's RNG with the fast and less-problematic XoShiRo128** PRNG, for better randomness (and much faster RNG generation).
In addition, this mod also implements the "Override Daily Luck" feature provided by "Better RNG"
("Override Weather" is NOT implemented because the SDV's logic for weather is quite complex and I don't want to break anyone's game.)
For more detailed info, please visit this mod's page on NexusMods. I'm a bit too lazy to retype all that
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Even Better RNG 1.7.2
Replace SDV's RNG with a faster & better one
- Version 1.7.2 is released! May 16, 2021
- Version 1.2.0 is released May 12, 2021
- Randomize to DayStart instead of SaveLoaded, add Reload (F5) functionality May 9, 2021