1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Equivalent Exchange for Starbound 3.1.5

Starbound mod inspired by Equivalent Exchange

1. AlbertoRota
    Equivalent Exchange for Starbound
    Starbound mod inspired by the Minecraft mod "Equivalent Exchange 2"
    The mod is also available in Steam: Link to the workshop page
    Do this work with 1.4? -> YES
    Do this work with FU? --> YES

What does it do?
    It adds several "Transmutation tables" to your game.

You can use the "Transmutation tables" to convert items to EMC (A universal alchemical currency) and to convert EMC back to items when needed.

Meet the tables:
    Mine transmutation table.
    EES_minetransmutationtable.gif -> EES_minetransmutationtable2.gif -> EES_minetransmutationtable3.gif
    Will allow you to study ores and other mining-related stuff obtaining "Mine EMC" in a very efficient way.
    Also, once you study enough, you will be able to obtain those items from both "Ore EMC" and "Universal EMC"

Farm transmutation table.
    EES_farmtransmutationtable.gif -> EES_farmtransmutationtable2.gif -> EES_farmtransmutationtable3.gif
    Will allow you to study crops and other farm-related stuff obtaining "Farm EMC" in a very efficient way.
    Also, once you study enough, you will be able to obtain those items from both "Farm EMC" and "Universal EMC"

Hunt transmutation table.
    EES_hunttransmutationtable.gif -> EES_hunttransmutationtable2.gif -> EES_hunttransmutationtable3.gif
    Will allow you to study monster drops and other hunt-related stuff obtaining "Hunt EMC" in a very efficient way.
    Also, once you study enough, you will be able to obtain those items from both "Hunt EMC" and "Universal EMC"

How to obtain EMC:
    You have two main ways of gaining EMC, "Study items" and "Burn items".

Study Items:
    Each table has a set of items that you can study there, Studying is the most efficient and powerful way of obtaining EMC.
    Also, if you study enough items of the same type, you will finally learn how to use EMC to get that item back!

Burn Items:
    For items that you can't study, you can always throw them to the alchemical fire, is much less efficient than studying, but will work for everything and will give you "Universal EMC", that can be used for anything!

F.A.Q.:
    Q: Do this mod works with Starbound 1.14?

A: Yes, this mod is fully compatible with Starbound 1.14

Q: Is this mod safe to install?
    A: Yes, this mod is safe to install even mid-game, it does not require a new character.

Q: Where do I craft the tables?
    A: You can then craft the tables in the "Inventor's Table" (The same one where you craft the "Primitive Furnace" and the "Anvil").

From that point onwards, you can "Upgrade" each table clicking in the button with the arrow pointing up that you will find in the top-right corner of the table UI (Next to the close one.)

Q: Where do I craft the tablets?
    A: "Transmutation tablets" are the end-game version of the "Transmutation tables".

The first time you craft/pick-up a transmutation table you will start a "Quest" to improve your alchemical knowledge, finish it to obtain the tablet.

Once the quest is finished, you will be able to re-craft them again with your empty hands (The same one where you craft the "Campfire")

Q: Is this compatible with <InsertModNameHere>?
    A: Yes, this mod is compatible with everything and will not cause any crash or problem.

Q: Has support for items added by <InsertModNameHere>?
    A: For the moment it has support for "Frakin Universe" and "Elithian Races" mods, that means that the plants, ores and monster drops added by them are fully integrated into the tables.

If you want to see some other mod supported, or if you miss any item, let me know.

Q: Is this mod finished?
    A: The mod is feature complete, that means that you will be able to use it from the start to the end without any issue or missing feature.
    There are always things to polish and feedback will be welcome.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. Adrian111534
    Adrian111534
    5/5,
    Version: 3.1.5
    Work without problems with 1.4.3, thank you.
  2. Sock_Bunny
    Sock_Bunny
    5/5,
    Version: 3.0.0
    *Drops some 'nice words' and punches the 'Like' button and kicks the 'Favorite' button*
    1. AlbertoRota
      Author's Response
      Wow! That was fast!
  3. L U N A T I C
    L U N A T I C
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0.0
    Does this work on 1.3?
    1. AlbertoRota
      Author's Response
      That's a question I didn't expected... people do usually only worry about 1.4 since that's the last version...
      Never tried it outside 1.4, let me know if it works in 1.3
  4. kidman_XD
    kidman_XD
    5/5,
    Version: 0.0.0
    The mod is excellent by description, the idea is probably taken from the Equivalent Exchange mod 2 of minecraft :)
    1. AlbertoRota
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the review!
      Indeed, the idea was taken from it, I thought that it was clear, but after re-reading everything, it was nowhere!
      Now it's just after the title, to properly credit it! ;)
  5. Sock_Bunny
    Sock_Bunny
    5/5,
    Version: 0.0.0
    Awesome mod! At first it seemed like it'd be completely broken. 1000 water for 1000 points, 1000 points to 1000 titanium? Nope! That 1000 water is gonna get you 10 points, but 10 coal will get you 20 points.
    1. AlbertoRota
      Author's Response
      Thank you for the review!
      I try to balance it so that your main EMC income should always be "Studying", while "Burning" should be your last option for when you are only missing a few "EMC" and you really don't want to go mining/hunting/farming.