1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Equippable Utility Bots 2.1

Adds back items resembling different monsters that produce different buffs

1. Wulf_Oman
    Disclaimer and Update: I will no longer be modding for a while...or honestly if I'll even come back at some point. I'm focusing on a lot of other stuff within real life at the moment, including schooling. However, all of my mods are rather "Open Source", so if anyone from the community wants to update any of them in the future - I give full rights to do so. I would, however, at least like to know about any updates or additions! I'm always excited to hear new ideas and such; the only other thing I ask is to at least mention that the original was created by me somewhere.
    The original Koala files are a completely different mod to this one, so they will not be linked

Equippable Utility Bots

Make sure you fully uninstall any old versions of this mod before installing new ones.

Please report mod conflicts immediately with your starbound.log and I'll see to them

The Bots are crafted at the wiring station/table

As the tag line says; this mod adds new back items that resemble various vanilla robotic monsters that give varying effects depending on the ones you equip. Roombots provide light, Medibots provide Regeneration, Serpent Bots can provide either a Power Boost or Defense Boost, and Robotic Chickens (Featherfoot Chicken Bots) provide a new status effect/buff that changes the gravity and negates fall damage when worn.
    Of course if you don't want any of these following you around (or you want a different one on but a certain effect); just place something on the vanity slot. You'll still get the effect- but your character will display a different equipped back item.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Note to moderators: Yes I used the dyebottle items from the DyeMod. Yes I contacted the owner. No I don't know when he was last on or when I'll get a response. So (even though ChuckleFish is planning to add different dyes) if this poses problems; please let me know and I'll attempt creating new ones. The reason I used the DyeMod ones is to prevent duplicate item conflicts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hunting+ Incarnate can be found here
    Crystalworks Rebirth can be found here

Atomworks Rebirth can be found here
    My Other Mods can be found here
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
    Kajshiki and The | Suit like this.

Recent Reviews

1. Revenzous
    Revenzous
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1
    Good
  2. MeowTenore
    MeowTenore
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1
    This is really cool! Love the medibots, so cute <3
  3. Preacher
    Preacher
    5/5,
    Version: V2.0
    Love it, thanks for taking my advice. Another idea.. I read it somewhere else a long time ago and just came to my mind.. What do you think about a own crafting station for your bots, where you can configurate your own bot? Something like the sign station in the Outpost. Where you need specific parts or money to add certain parts or make them better and make your own boosts with own design of the bot. I guess you will get what I mean.
    (With "make your own" I mean choose from different options that you provide of course)

I know it would be alot of work, but its just a suggestion :-) Thanks for your great mod!
    1. Wulf_Oman
      Author's Response
      I honestly wish I knew HOW to do that; it would make Imbuable Armor from Crystalworks, this, and I'm sure much more - way easier. Not going to make a separate crafting station just yet, either. It would just fill up more space.
  4. Preacher
    Preacher
    5/5,
    Version: V1.2
    Any chance for other bots? Like heal / light bots, protect bots, etc. :-)? Could really use a light / heal bot in dungeons.
    1. Wulf_Oman
      Author's Response
      Just added more! Unfortunately you'll need to decide between light or healing - I may make combination robots at a later date
  5. PabloElPuas
    PabloElPuas
    5/5,
    Debería estar en el juego,me encantan estos robots
    1. Wulf_Oman
      Author's Response
      Es por ello que los basé en los robots. Mucha gente lo hace.
  6. uforadiation
    uforadiation
    5/5,
    Are these random chest items? Or are they craftable?
    1. Wulf_Oman
      Author's Response
      Craftable at the Wiring Station
  7. Zooted_be_i
    Zooted_be_i
    5/5,
    How to you come to make these bots?
    1. Wulf_Oman
      Author's Response
      Wiring station (This was fixed with 1.1) so make sure you have the latest version