1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced Rails 2.3.1

New tools, blocks and vehicles to make rails more fun!

Tags:
  1. chocobodundee
    minecartpreview.png

NEW THIS VERSION:
    Adjustable Rail Tram! (2.2.1 Compatibility patch, minecart item id changed to railminecart)

This mod adds new ways to build and interact with rails.

-2 New Rail types: Slick Rails which have far less friction than normal rails and support a higher max speed and Cosmetic rails with unique appearances for each paint color.

-6 New Rail objects: Rail Booster and Rail Brake. When turned on any rail riders that pass over them will be sped up or slowed down. Rail Gate

a large door with a rail built in. Rail Bridge a segment of extendable rails. Both have horizontal and vertical versions. Powered Bumper only functions when powered. Diagonal Rail Tram Stops have their wiring nodes shifted left or right, for more options when building rail trams.

-2 New Items: Mag-Lev Rail Hook, an upgraded railhook that propels itself along any rail, allowing the rider to ascend rails against gravity, and change direction while moving. Accelerator Hook, and upgraded mag-lev that picks up speed on its own.

-New Tech: Rail Sphere, A distortion sphere tech that latches to rails like a hook. The compact size means the player can fit through narrower tunnels, and it can speed boost with Left click, or reverse its direction with Right click.

-13 New Platforms: Guard Platform, a self propelled turret that follows rails and protects you from enemies. The Adjustable Platform that can change speed by interacting. The Railgun Platform, a slower, stronger guardplatform that hits an area. The Railcar and Inverted Railcar, sit down and coast your rails. The Flame Platform burns any enemy underneath. The Rocket Platform launches a barrage of homing missiles at foes. The Hydroponic Platform waters crops below. The Rail Pod Car fully protects you from hazards like lava when riding inside. Rail Car Train, a set of linked rail cars that share speed, so cars stay close together. Mine Carts are unpowered rail cars that you can jump with! Just don't go upside down or it will fall. The Ice Platform chills the entire area around it when enemies are near. Armed Rail Trams have a turret mounted for the rider to use to defend themselves and their base! Storage Platforms transform into a container when interacted with (as long as they aren't on top of another object). Then they can transform back with the revert button while opened. Adjustable Rail Trams can change speed with left and right click while being ridden.

Here's a gallery of gifs of new features: http://imgur.com/a/CxJSP

All new items are craftable from the Rail Crafting Station and are automatically known. No need to pick up anything to learn them anymore!

In admin mode the item IDs to spawn them are: slickrail, railbooster, railbrake, maglevrailhook, guardplatform, adjustableplatform, acceleratorhook, railgunplatform, railcar, flameplatform, railcarinverted, rocketplatform, hydroponicplatform, railpodcar, railbumperpowered, railgate, railhatch, railbridge, railbridgevertical, railcartrain3, railcartrain5, railminecart, railtramstopdiagonal, railtramstopdiagonal2, iceplatform, railtramarmed, storageplatform, adjustablerailtram.

Currently the only way to gain the railsphere tech is to use the command /enabletech railsphere

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] guardplatformfiring.jpg
    storageplatform.png
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Reviews

1. Arckana 00947
    Arckana 00947
    5/5,
    Version: 2.3.1
    Cool! Thanks for the mods now i have a new defense system for my base it will protect me from incoming monsters
  2. nefrem
    nefrem
    5/5,
    Version: 1.9
    Nice mod thanks for ypur work !

(Nb : no compatible with 1.3 for the moment)
    1. chocobodundee
      Author's Response
      Thanks, I just uploaded a compatible version now.
  3. Supernovakid1
    Supernovakid1
    5/5,
    Version: 1.9
    This mod is awesome, without it I coudn't have built a awesome greenhouse hydroponic platforms!
  4. Kawa
    Kawa
    5/5,
    Version: 1.5
    Most excellent.
  5. AArticuno3
    AArticuno3
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    Everything works as expected, except the rail booster.. Is it supposed to speed up the platforms too or only hooks? Because it does not do anything to my platform, it just stays the same speed..
    1. chocobodundee
      Author's Response
      It only affects the railhook and ball. Platforms have a fixed speed and ignore things like gravity and friction.
  6. amirmiked12
    amirmiked12
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1
    cool features.5 star