1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Enhanced Body Shape EBS 1.0.5 & EEBS 1.0.4

A boost to the bust.

1. Jonesman64
    Jonesman64
    4/5,
    Version: EBS 1.0.5 & EEBS 1.0.4
    Very nice. I hope the non-playable races get added some time
  2. Sh4dowWalker96
    Sh4dowWalker96
    5/5,
    Glad to see it come to 1.0.
  3. Pingulrik
    Pingulrik
    5/5,
    Thanks for updating this for 1.0!
    1. Word on the Wind
      Author's Response
      Certainly. Honestly it should have been out sooner, but I was lazy. Apologies for the delay. Have fun.
  4. Jerboy33
    Jerboy33
    5/5,
    Version: EBS 1.0.4 & EEBS 1.0.3
    10 fan arts of 10!
  5. Genral Darumaka
    Genral Darumaka
    4/5,
    Amazing, but now that starbound is steam supported will you move it to steam as well, and if so, would you move on to other projects. In my opinion this would be one of the best starbound mods if it had a matching complimentary butt and/or thigh mod. One side of me kind of wants you to make an even bigger breast mod but that would taking it to far... Would it? Love your work either way.
    1. Word on the Wind
      Author's Response
      First off, as said many time, the work is credited largely to SpaceKGreen and CaptainMadoc for the EEBS work. So saying, Steam Workshop is something I'm thinking about so we'll see what happens.

I'm definitely not doing any more mods for this game, I can not speak for the others involved.
  6. lordglythglyth
    lordglythglyth
    5/5,
    cheer update plz?
  7. RaduDevil
    RaduDevil
    5/5,
    Best mod
  8. Diabeetus
    Diabeetus
    4/5,
    It's an overall Well rounded mod (Heh heh... Get it, ROUND) only problem I can see is that they're a little bit, fake looking.
    A bit of "bounce" in the character's steps could certainly be welcome. Overall I can see myself keeping this mod.
    1. Word on the Wind
      Author's Response
      As has been stated many times, bounce is not possible to add without changing the way that the game interprets the sprite sheets and that would be -way- too much work to justify it.

I am glad tha you're enjoying the mod, however.
  9. Shadow Dragon Ninja
    Shadow Dragon Ninja
    5/5,
    It is great, just hope you will make another mod for the lower half
  10. SunnyBrightside
    SunnyBrightside
    4/5,
    Very good mod, I'd almost say perfect if it weren't for a few things that I've noticed. The first one is, when running EEBS, it seems the body... Uh... Lop-sided? The further breast seems to stick out a lot further then it should, making it look larger then the closer breast. Also, that kinda felt awkward to point out, but someone should point it out, especially if it's true, yea? (though, it could just be me thinking this...) This doesn't seem to be readily noticeable in most clothing options, but those that are a tad... Skimpier... makes it a bit more obvious.

Also, and this is not anything the mods can really do about, is that it's really hard to play player-created races with the mod enabled. Since most of the clothing is matched to the body type of the base races, including all the vanity items, and most player made races are made to match the vanilla body type, it makes putting vanity items on those races strange. Again, nothing the modders can do about, so it's not a real gripe at all.

All in all, VERY good mod. EBS looks just fine, and going back to the vanilla model is just so HARD to look at after playing with this for so long.
    1. Word on the Wind
      Author's Response
      The first is a consequence of the sprite size and model that the game uses by default.

The second isn't hard to fix with some effort. Just go to the base sprite sheet for the user-made specie and modify it to match the proportions provided from E/EBS. Honestly that'd be easier to fix than the former issue. Particularly since you could just overlay the E/EBS base human sprite sheet over the sheet of whatever the user-specie is and just ensure that all of the critical parts match. I can't imagine the user-specie is so wildly different given that they'd need to match the clothing sprites already in the game.

I'm glad that you enjoyed using E/EBS and hope that you continue to do so.
  11. Milan Mree
    Milan Mree
    5/5,
    It works even now and I'm super glad I found it! It makes girls a lot more obvious and just being honest, I just really love how they look :3 . The only downside I can really see is there is no mod for the lower half to balance things out and that would be great especially for the EEBS version. I hope the mod author decides to keep it up to date and maybe update other outfits and stuff too! Much <3.
    1. Word on the Wind
      Author's Response
      We've been keeping up on updates fairly consistently for a while now. Only reason our updates have slowed is because new builds of the game are more infrequent. We're proud of E/EBS and have no inclination to cease support for it any time soon.
  12. lke24
    lke24
    5/5,
    Funny how help full this can be
  13. elii
    elii
    5/5,
    Well ... how can I thank you for the mod without sounding perverted ? Great job !
  14. Jojy
    Jojy
    5/5,
    Excellent sprite work, this is exactly what I was looking for. If you don't mind me asking, though, could I create an EBS patch for the race mod I've been making? I started it before using EBS, so the sprites are currently using a closer to default body shape, but I much prefer this over vanilla now. Neither my mod, nor the patch, would contain any of your assets, it would just be to make the body of the race similar in shape to these, and to ensure that the remade vanilla armors fit correctly with the sprites of my race.

I suppose patch isn't technically the right word, as they aren't exactly incompatible without it, but it's the word I had in my head. Since you created the 'EBS shape' I figured I should ask before releasing a mod with a 'patch' fit to the same shape as yours, even if I did make the sprites for it myself.
    1. Word on the Wind
      Author's Response
      "We will not be changing E/EBS to adapt to other mods, be it body changing or clothes resizing. If other mod-makers want to make their mod compatible with E/EBS they are welcome to do so."
  15. kat1004
    kat1004
    4/5,
    Finally, I can tell my characters apart!!! Used to be impossible for me to tell if a char was m or f, this is gonna be great to use... Thanks :D
    1. Word on the Wind
      Author's Response
      Glad to help. Have fun.
  16. Fire_snake
    Fire_snake
    5/5,
    First - Skyrim.
    Now - Starbound.
    What next? :D
    (And yes. Its very good and cool mod. Now I want to find the nudity mod)
    1. Word on the Wind
      Author's Response
      This mod was not inspired by Skyrim or any of it's mods. Even then, Skyrim wouldn't be the first game with body mods. What's next is that E/EBS does not have a compatible nudity mod because blatant gratuity is not why it exists.
  17. Cipherstar
    Cipherstar
    4/5,
    Version: EBS 1.0.3 & EEBS 1.0.2
    Way too much boob for my liking, looks awkward and uncomfortable. But that's just why I'm not still using it after trying it out. It's good to see bodytype mods out there and it does a nice job of what it wants to offer. The waist seemed slimmer as well which was cool, can't bother to check if that was just perspective due to the large chest though. Anyway. It's nice. Not for me, but it's nice.
    1. Word on the Wind
      Author's Response
      The rest of the body sprites are unchanged. The only difference is in fact the size of the breasts.
  18. Another Kevin
    Another Kevin
    4/5,
    Version: EBS 1.0.3 & EEBS 1.0.2
    Alright. The mod does what it's supposed to do. But wait... why exactly is it a thing that only the human body sprite is wearing undies with my Nudity Overhaul even if i apply invisible armor to it?
    That's the reason for the missing star.
    1. Word on the Wind
      Author's Response
      Absolutely zero focus of E/EBS is related to nudity. There's not even any endorsements with nude mods. If you have a compability issue with one, that's a problem that doesn't belong to us, because these mods aren't designed for them, nor to gather stars.
  19. Lt. Chapwisely
    Lt. Chapwisely
    4/5,
    Version: EBS 1.0.2 & EEBS 1.0.1
    After seeing mixed impressions on the mod either saying "Wow, super sexy" or "This helps the game" I decided to write a review myself.
    As far as EBS goes, it's good, and by "good" I mean it doesn't over-sexualize anything. The cup size is decent and expands on character creation in a way, for the kind of girls with a relatively larger chest, or just the guys that like larger chests. The only problem I had with the extended cup size was part of your character's chest sticking out of almost every bedsheet, but just a little.
    But EEBS is kind of a different story, I can understand the reasoning behind the size of the chest for the same reason as EBS. However, EEBS just seems a little bit too much to me, along with the fact that your chest looks to have the firmness of memory foam: sticking out nearly a foot in front of you. It also adds a bit of a shine to the top of the chest, which I suppose is a take-it-or-leave-it kind of thing.
    Apart from the little issues I have with this mod, I will definitely say that everything is well done, and I'm impressed by the author's ability to accurately texture clothing along with the two sizes. Even the "Nude" Texture is well done for both sizes. And I will definitely continue to use EBS.
    (And I apologize for the length of the review)
    1. Word on the Wind
      Author's Response
      This mod was made with the idea of, "Chesty ladies can go on adventures, too." And going on adventures doesn't mean losing clothes or whatever buffoonery that constitutes an excuse for sexualizations. Now, I like flashy and sexy outfits for me, so don't mistake my stance for practicality as shaming in any capacity. In short,\ E/EBS are mods for chesty ladies, simple as that.

As for the quality of the sprites, first off, SpaceKGreen was the one who did a majority of the work on EBS while CaptainMadoc did the majority work on EEBS. They are both skilled and helpful people and I'm glad to have had their assistance.

The concern with the breasts being immobile lumps is a limitation of the way the sprites work in Starbound and there's no reasonable solution to that problem without opening two other cans of worms. Personally I prefer EEBS and I'd like it if the breasts could be better shaped and defined and if they could be animated in non-rigid clothing (I.E. Metal) but because of the way that the game works those are just not options reasonable options.

All of this said, I am glad that you enjoy EBS and I imagine the rest of the folks are similarly pleased. Have a good day.
  20. Sayo Harugawa
    Sayo Harugawa
    5/5,
    Version: EBS 1.0.2 & EEBS 1.0.1
    By the way. Looking texture breast size, I was just able to use them as a template that would make in the future, something which models for his fashion, if you do not mind? :3