Bored of seeing monotonous attacks from the randomly generated monsters? Not anymore!
This mod allows procedurally generated monsters to use special (ranged) attacks. Now they will breath fire, vomit acid, spout eyeballs, shoot rainbows, and many other ranged attacks!
This mod is safe to be uninstalled at any time without any repercussion.
- The attacks are enabled on bipeds and quadrupeds (both large and small) also large flying monsters.
- Large ground monsters have melee and ranged attacks; small ground monsters have only ranged attacks.
- Each attacks have unique sound so you won't be hearing fire breath SFX on ice sprinkler attack.
- Large flying monsters now have two ranged attacks and hover above you instead of trying to stupidly charge on you.
Looking for more improvements to monsters, not just ranged attacks? Better AI, more monster skills, and various other monster tweaks?
Go get the fantastic Supper's Combat Overhaul instead!
The difference between this mod and Supper's mod:
- This mod only uses existing monster skills, Supper's mod adds new skills and behaviors.
- You can remove this mod mid-game (because this mod only uses vanilla files), while with Supper's mod you have to regenerate your universe before removing it (because Supper's mod adds new monster skills and behaviors).
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Enable Monsters Special Attacks 1.3
Now they will breath fire, spout eyeballs, shoot rainbows, and many other ranged attacks!
- A few balance change and rewrite for compatibility Apr 11, 2020
- Compatibility update and some attempts at balancing Jan 6, 2018
- "Fly" bug fix and Steam Workshop update Oct 24, 2017