1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Drumsticks 2.2.1

Bless my beak, we've got longer foot-talons! And talons for your hands, too!

1. Kyo21943
    Kyo21943
    5/5,
    Version: 2.2.1
    .modpacks are not compatible with Starbound 1.0 (and you neither Ryuujin haven't logged in, in a long time :c )
    I've taken the liberty of making this mod compatible with Steam and Starbound 1.0
    Of course, all credit goes to you and Ryuujin!
    If you want me to, i will take down the mod.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729653828
    1. HoaxRumors
      Author's Response
      Absolutely no problem whatsoever, Zombie, thanks for making the mod compatible! I only just got Starbound updated last night, and hadn't yet gotten a chance to even consider how one would go about updating the mod to 1.0 before I found your upload. Glad to see there's still a lot of love to go around for proper podotheca! For completion's sake, though, I'll probably update the version here and on NexusMods in the next few days for those who don't want to use the Workshop. (I know it can be more than a little finicky.)
  2. MortalityRate0
    MortalityRate0
    5/5,
    I didn't even know I needed this before I saw it. Excellent job!
  3. SmaugTheDragon
    SmaugTheDragon
    5/5,
    Should be in vanilla
  4. cvbn2000
    cvbn2000
    5/5,
    Awesome, can't play the game without this!
  5. Khuur
    Khuur
    5/5,
    It looks very nice with the tailfeathers inclusion. Feather hands never made sense.
  6. Petalwatch
    Petalwatch
    5/5,
    I refused to play an avian until I used this mod. The hand feathers drove me nuts! Many thanks for the great mod!
  7. Seraphi
    Seraphi
    5/5,
    It was essential (to me) in 2014, and it is essential (to me) in 2015. I can't play Starbound without it.
  8. Ayamabuki
    Ayamabuki
    5/5,
    They look more like birds now! Well done. Love the legs and tail but keeping my feathered hands. xD
  9. Starcat5
    Starcat5
    5/5,
    The cult of Kluex must fall! The Grounded uprising has begun!

(Also, the flapping Valentine's Day wings accent the tailfeathers quite nicely, as they match the face & belly color. Maybe someday, someone will make a mod adding versions of those wings that match the default body colors?)
    1. HoaxRumors
      Author's Response
  10. Lindazana
    Lindazana
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1.03
    I just came to the sad realization that as of now, the mod is in need of updating, my poor avian's hands oddly covered in feathers, and unable to get a solid grip on anything held! Sefinitly something that needs to be in vanilla.
    1. HoaxRumors
      Author's Response
      Guess they finally pushed the ".mod files only" update with the recent version, then. All right, I'll have something up within a day, two at most. I actually haven't gotten a chance to update any of the mods I run with or play Upbeat Giraffe because I'm working on a Megaman-esque platforming action puzzle game about a plucky little maintenance robot whose only form of defense is a SCIENCE! powered grappling hook hand and the grappling hook mechanic is being an owlbear.

(It fights a giant junk-grinder robot named Mister Happy by making him punch himself in the face on one of the levels. I'm rather proud of that idea for reasons I can't quite fathom.)

Incidentally, suppose this means I'll have to throw together an update for Glitchfix too.

Thanks for the heads up!
  11. MountainWulf
    MountainWulf
    5/5,
    This mod NEEDS to be in the base game. Just like the tail feathers mod.
  12. Xordaii
    Xordaii
    5/5,
    I use the compilation of Avian Tail Feathers and this. They work great and are beautiful. I appreciate the mod creator's hard work. These fit the avian race much better than vanilla.
  13. lornlynx
    lornlynx
    5/5,
    Very lovely idea and good realization. It bothered me a bit that their hands were feathered, because I somehow couldn't imagine their hands to be fur but not being wings either. I wasn't bothered by the legs, but as I look at it now, it just looks so much more interesting and just, well, better. Also don't bother with the low resolution, it is just the natural limit and with a higher sprite res for only the feet or only a few characters, the game would probably look very strange.
    1. HoaxRumors
      Author's Response
      Yeah, my concerns regarding the resolution are largely just because I love to see what people can do with expanded limits on scale. I've seen some truly amazing Minecraft texture packs at greatly increased resolution, for example, despite the squared off mesh limitations; I'd love to see what people can do with Starbound if they had the same range of options.

Funny thing about the legs, about a month after I made the mod, it occurred to me that owls have feathers all down the length of their legs. There are other birds that do, too. I'd love an option to have Avians both with and without extended podotheca, but that'd probably require a unique race entry, which is a bit beyond me at the moment.
  14. Silverstream
    Silverstream
    4/5,
    A real game-changer, I'm using this mod since i start playing starbound! , and can't do without it :)
  15. Xotano
    Xotano
    5/5,
    cant play without it, i hate the feather hands.
  16. Simon Lasonne
    Simon Lasonne
    5/5,
    Very good! Looks like it should !
  17. Seraphi
    Seraphi
    5/5,
    I consider Drumsticks and Avian Tail Feathers to be so essential to the Starbound experience that I totally forgot that they were mods and not an actual part of the game... and also forgot to rate them because of that. (>_>)
  18. Oberic
    Oberic
    5/5,
    It took me a little work to make it work with the avian tail feathers mod, but they look great together!
    Now my Avians can look more like birds..!
  19. Voldrath
    Voldrath
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1.02
    Goes a long way towards making Avians look like birds, rather than just feathery beaked bipeds. Especially in conjunction with support for the tail feathers mod.
  20. DrPvtSkittles
    DrPvtSkittles
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1.02
    Very clever :3