Dripper is an object derived from the drain object. All the code was copied and then hacked and whacked erm... I mean, subtly adjusted to serve a new purpose.
Dripper has to be placed in water, at the bottom, and only a single row of material must be under it because it generates drops of liquid 2 tiles under its position.
This gif shows the usage, the mouse cursor is under the dripper object, there are 2 more drippers on the screen.
The torches show boundaries, the area within them is being watered.
Excess water is taken care of by the drains seen under the dirt blocks.
dripper.lua file can be edited to modify the behaviour such as watering frequency, drop size, water consumption and the affected area.
By default dripper spends (destroys) only 1% of the source water it uses, not realistic but it still requires you to come up with a refill mechanism, just not one that is active and making noise all the time (didnt quite like the sound of the watergun being activated all of the time).
I did this as a test as I've never modded SB before but it actually seems usable so I thought I'd share it. I should change the appearance of the dripper, but I was a bit lazy and suck at graphic design. I hope I didn't make any bad mistakes and that I didn't reinvent the wheel.
Here are some other thoughts.
- visually it doesn't make sense perhaps but you could imagine that there are small pipes going from the object through the dirt, 8 tiles wide and from each pipe a drop comes out.
- perhaps I should make changes so that it requires a pipe material tile under it and then drop liquid from all pipe tiles that it can detect e.g. it can look for adjacent pipe tiles and keep dripping water from them until it reaches some other material.
- perhaps it should be a wider 4x1 tile object that is attached to the ceiling... and needs a pipe connected to a water source...
- maybe I can make a variation that would be placed on the ground level and spawn water 1 tile above itself only but require to be connected via pipe tiles to a source of liquid...
Comments and suggestions are most welcome, gl hf
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Turns water into "rain"