Please note that this mod will cause a crippling issue with the latest builds of Starbound. This mod is officially on hiatus, as the updates will require an entire rework from the ground up. I deeply apologize for any inconvenience and confusion caused by the silence and negligence of this mod over the past few months.
"Once more, it is a time of adventure, of glory, a time for a Hero. Unfortunately, that Hero is you."
Disclaimer: Please note that, since this is an alpha, many things will be subject to change. I highly recommend uninstalling/archiving previous versions of this mod before installing it's updates.
This is the first time I've ever uploaded a mod publicly, and thus, I'll not indulge too much in the presentation of this mod's description.
Dredbound aims to add as many items and objects from Dungeons of Dredmor, and implement it into Starbound. As this is a work-in-progress, not all of these items and objects will be functional in the game. I will, however, make an effort to add more of them in future updates.
Here is a list of the items that are playable thus far:
Note that all but the Windup Doubleplus Crossbow, Bolt Eruptor, and Eldritch Crossbow, differ in the range and projectile speed. The aforementioned three, however:
- The Windup Doubleplus Crossbow is somewhat unique, in that it can shoot two bolts in one shot. However, since wooden bolts are the only type of ammunition available in the mod as of now, it's range leaves much to be desired. As I've said before, I hope to amend this in future updates.
- The Bolt Eruptor, as its appearance suggests, deals burning damage, and the sheer heat from every shot sets its bolts alight, and brightens any dark space.
- The Eldritch Crossbow does much of the same as the Bolt Eruptor, the difference being that it deals in poison damage.
To craft the available items, much of it can be crafted using the Tinkerer's Parts. To obtain Tinkerer's Parts, you must first use the 3D printer, and print the Crafty Crafts vending machine. From there, you can find the Tinkerer's Parts, and craft the weapons from there.
Those of you who are familiar with Dungeons of Dredmor may recall the materials used to create these items. As I do not have experience in biome-related changes that add custom ores or flora, loot-related changes, and my intention to minimize some of the hassle with mod compatibility, the items that the Vanilla version of Starbound does not already provide will be available for purchase in the Crafty Crafts vending machine.
Kawa - For assisting me the most in the creation of this mod, and having the patience to tolerate my moments buffoonery.
##starbound-modding - For the support they've given me even in difficult times.
Wurmheart - For the creation of Ammo Overhaul, of which a small part of it was the basis for the Windup Doubleplus Crossbow.
Gaslamp Games - For creating Dungeons of Dredmor, and giving me the inspiration for this mod.
(Should there be more that I've not remembered, I will give appropriate credits, by request)
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Outdated Dredbound Alpha 33