1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Doki Doki Dialogue - Elliott 3.0

Expanded romance dialogue for Elliott!

1. glowy
    Doki Doki Dialogue (aka Stardew Valley Romance Project): Elliott Edition

I love Stardew Valley, but I always thought the romances were pretty lackluster. As a writer, a game design student, and simply an avid fan of games with cute romances, I've taken up the mantle of fluffing up Stardew Valley in its romance department. This project has been over a year in the making, and I feel I'm finally ready to publish the first set of dialogue!

What this mod contains:
    • Fifteen (15) new lines of romantic dialogue for Elliott, written by yours truly with much effort put forth into ensuring they're all in-character.
    - Seven (7) lines are general, and will appear in any season.
    - Eight (8) lines are season-specific; two for each season.
    - In total, there is one 4-heart line, four 6-heart lines, and then five 8- and 10-heart lines each.

Things to note:
    • This mod does NOT:
    - replace any vanilla dialogue.
    - contain any post-marriage dialogue.
    - alter/add any heart events.

• This mod overwrites Elliott's dialogue XNB file. If you have any dialogue mods already installed that modify that file, you will have to replace it with mine. Though if you want to manually merge my dialogue with any other mods, be my guest, just don't publish it.
    • Since Elliott does not have any family, there is no dialogue for any other characters.
    • I heavily based the general feeling of my dialogue on the way romances are paced in Harvest Moon: Animal Parade. With my mod installed, Elliott will show signs of falling for you at six hearts, and the lines will become progressively romantic as his heart level increases.
    - Stemming from this, the mod assumes you have given/will give Elliott the bouquet as soon as he reaches eight hearts. There are no direct references, but the lines become more explicitly romantic, assuming you reciprocate his feelings, at that point.
    • This mod is completely safe for work! It's all sappy, fluffy goodness. Nothing gross. Please don't ask me to write anything NSFW; I will not do it.

Installation:
    1. After downloading, extract the file from the zip. There should only be one, named "Elliott_dialogue.xnb".
    2. Go to your Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Dialogue folder. (If you have the game through Steam, this will be found under Steam\steamapps\common.)
    3. Back up Elliott.xnb (the original dialogue file).
    4. Remove the "_dialogue" portion from the name of my file.
    5. Click and drag the new Elliott.xnb into the Dialogue folder.

Nothing other than the base game is required for this mod to work.

Want to follow my progress on the project? Interested in playtesting for me before publishing? Or just have a question? Check out the project blog!

Do you like this mod and the work I do? If so, please consider buying me a coffee!

You can find other versions of this mod (German translation and ContentPatcher-compatible) on NexusMods.

In-Game Examples:
    elliot_example2.JPG elliot_example3.JPG elliott_example.JPG

~*~*~

Credits:
    Stardew Valley and all of Elliott's dialogue before my addition belong to concernedape.

The photos used above are from my own playthrough. "Winnie" is the name of my farmer.

Mods that can be seen in the photos:
    Dreamburrow's Elliott Portrait
    CJB Cheats Menu
    I highly recommend both of them!

Thank you so much to my playtesters who provided valuable feedback:
    Tarlonniel
    Calarand77
    Ambrosia

~*~*~

Other Doki Doki Dialogue files:
    Sam
    Sebastian
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.
    Medicell likes this.

Recent Reviews

1. ToxicFate
    ToxicFate
    5/5,
    Version: 3.0
    amazing. but I have one problem. I don't know how to backup the original file. how do I do that?
  2. Nimbus_0696
    Nimbus_0696
    4/5,
    Version: 3.0
    I really like this mod but I do have a possibly dumb question... How do I change the name of the file?
  3. Quanahnator
    Quanahnator
    5/5,
    Version: 2.2
    This is very nice, would you consider adding some for Sebastian?
    1. glowy
      Author's Response
      Hey, you're just in luck -- I've actually just published Sebastian's! :D I'm doing this for all the bachelors/bachelorettes in the game.
  4. Rebochan
    Rebochan
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1
    I love this project :) Good luck finishing them out, but now I get my dear sweet Elliott <3
  5. Sabreene
    Sabreene
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1
    This is my favorite type of dialogue mod. It adds some romance and fluff... but stays true to the character. Very well done!