1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Doki Doki Dialogue - Alex 2.0

Expanded romance dialogue for Alex!

1. glowy
    Doki Doki Dialogue (aka Stardew Valley Romance Project): Alex Edition

I love Stardew Valley, but I always thought the romances were pretty lackluster. As a writer, a game design student, and simply an avid fan of games with cute romances, I've taken up the mantle of fluffing up Stardew Valley in its romance department. This project has been over a year in the making.
    Here's Alex, installment #4 of this series!

What this mod contains:
    • Fifteen (15) new lines of romantic dialogue for Alex, written by yours truly with much effort put forth into ensuring they're all in-character.
    - Seven (7) lines are general, and will appear in any season.
    - Eight (8) lines are season-specific; two for each season.
    - In total, there is one 4-heart line, four 6-heart lines, and then five 8- and 10-heart lines each.
    • Three (3) new in-law lines for George.
    • Three (3) new in-law lines for Evelyn.
    - Evelyn's lines are available in any season at any heart level.
    - Because George has some character development concerning a male farmer marrying Alex, one line is for any heart level while the other two are triggered at 6 and 10 hearts. These lines have different versions for whether your farmer is male or female.

Things to note:
    • This mod does NOT:
    - replace any vanilla dialogue.
    - contain any post-marriage dialogue for Sam himself.
    - alter/add any heart events.
    • This mod overwrites Alex, George, and Evelyn's dialogue XNB files. If you have any dialogue mods already installed that modify those files, you will have to replace them with mine. Though if you want to manually merge my dialogue with any other mods, be my guest, just don't publish it.
    • I heavily based the general feeling of my dialogue on the way romances are paced in Harvest Moon: Animal Parade. With my mod installed, Alex will show signs of falling for you at six hearts, and the lines will become progressively romantic as his heart level increases.
    - Stemming from this, the mod assumes you have given/will give Alex the bouquet as soon as he reaches eight hearts. There are no direct references, but the lines become more explicitly romantic, assuming you reciprocate his feelings, at that point.
    • This mod is completely safe for work! It's all sappy, fluffy goodness. Nothing gross. Please don't ask me to write anything NSFW; I will not do it.

Installation:
    1. After downloading, extract the file from the zip. There should be three, named "Alex_dialogue.xnb", "George_dialogue.xnb", and "Evelyn_dialogue.xnb".
    2. Go to your Stardew Valley\Content\Characters\Dialogue folder. (If you have the game through Steam, this will be found under Steam\steamapps\common.)
    3. Back up Alex.xnb, George.xnb, and Evelyn.xnb (the original dialogue files).
    4. Remove the "_dialogue" portion from the name of my files.
    5. Click and drag the new XNBs into the Dialogue folder.

Nothing other than the base game is required for this mod to work.

Want to follow my progress on the project? Interested in playtesting for me before publishing? Or just have a question? Check out the project blog!

Do you like this mod and the work I do? If so, please consider buying me a coffee!

Other versions of this mod (German translation and ContentPatcher-compatible) can be found on NexusMods.

In-Game Examples:
    alex_example_1.JPG alex_example_2.JPG alex_example_3.JPG

~*~*~

Credits:
    Stardew Valley and all of Alex, George, and Evelyn's dialogue before my addition belong to ConcernedApe.

Mods that can be seen in the photos:
    Kamirose's Character Portrait Overhauls
    CJB Cheats Menu
    I highly recommend all of them!

Thank you so much to my playtesters who provided valuable feedback:
    Alana
    Shann
    VenomSnowStorm
    rainydayswriter

~*~*~

Other Doki Doki Dialogue files:
    Elliott
    Sam
    Sebastian
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.