1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Digger Turret Version 1.0.3

Turrets make mining a lot more fun, and now you can ride in your own Digging Mech!

1. trevtrev800
    Dig Machines 1.0.3 - To be used with Starbound 1.0!

Version 1.0.3 - Another small update to keep up with the latest release.

Version 1.0.2 - Just a small update to clean up a few things. Fixed the recipes for most of the turrets to use more realistic ingredients. Changed in interface to the Fuel Station slightly.

Version 1.0.1 - Digger Mech and Fuel Station are now working again. Building the Digger Mech Tech will automatically enable the Digger Mech in the user's head tech.

Version 1.0.0 - First release that will work with Starbound's 1.0 release. As promised the Digger Turrets work, but the Mech and Fuel station do not.

When installing place the mod in Starbound/mods/
    giraffe_storage is no longer used.

How to use the new Digger Mech functionality.

#####################################################################

Ever get bored of mining for hours?
    This is a mod to make digging a bit more fun, especially at the later stages of the game after you have mined for ages. Create these digging tools at the wire station.

Digmachine - will fire lasers directly at the ground below the turret creating a great mineshaft. Jump to the bottom after letting this guy run for a while to collect your loot. Be careful not to fall in unless you have a way to prevent fall damage.

Advanced Digmachine - will fire lasers in a sweeping motion clearing away most of the earth beneath it.

Background Digmachine - This machine is the same in every way to the Advanced Digmachine except it will also dig the background.

Bulldozer - This machine is great for flattening out those pesky hills that get in the way when you are trying to build your base. It will shoot in an 180 degree arc facing upward instead of down like the other digmachines. It's range is also shorter.

Tunneler - This machine will dig you a perfectly straight tunnel. Just point it to where you want to go!

Eraser - This machine works like the standard Digmachine except it also digs the background.

Digger Mech - ride on in your own digger mech. Primary fire shoots digging lasers instead of bullets. Alternate fire digs directly below the mech as if firing out of both legs. The size of the hole will exactly fit your mech. The digger mech runs on Fuel, but you'll have to fuel up at the fuel station. Just walk near the fuel station to fill it up. If you need a little boost to get out of the hole you just dug, the digger mech can now jet upward with the use of the space bar.

Fuel Station - pull up your mech, or plop down your turret next to the fuel station to fill up on energy. The Fuel Station will generate energy from normal fuel, just like a turret. It will distribute the fuel to turrets and mechs when they are close enough. Don't move the Fuel Station once it has been placed or it will lose it's stored fuel. It drops the equivalent amount of coal.

All of the digmachines need a flat platform one block in height otherwise it may explode itself.
    upload_2014-2-26_20-24-54.png
    upload_2014-4-5_21-46-20.png

Thanks to Brybry in the Modding IRC for some example code to get the fuel station up and running.

ToDos:
    -- I eventually plan to force the mech to stop walking when it runs out of fuel. (you'll have to walk to the nearest Fuel Station.)

Dig Machines 0.1.0 Machines Revamped!

New energy system installed!
    I feel like this change really adds a lot to the mod, as I will be able to balance the turrets by how much fuel they use. Here is the way it works:

When you first buy/create a turret it starts with half of its max energy.
    The use key, 'E' if you haven't changed the mapping, will activate and deactivate the turret.
    To add more energy to the turret simply toss any fuel type (coal, uranium, etc..) on the ground near the turret. The turret will automatically pick up enough fuel to fill its energy and spit out the rest. Thanks to Starfoundry Mod for examples of how to make this happen.

New look!
    New sprites have been added for the turrets and icons. These were created by apotheoseGrifter. Thanks!

Try it out!

Other Recommended Mods:
    Starfoundry -
    This mod is very creative and there is so much that you can do with the added mechanisms they have.

Version 0.0.1 - The code works, but some of it is still messy. I just want to give people a chance to try it out and make suggestions.

Version 0.0.2 - Fixed price of machines in 3d printer, and removed copper pickaxe mod.

Version 0.0.3 - Tweaked the Advanceddigmachine, by making its explosion a bit bigger, the fire-rate slower, and about have the energy. Modified the turret png files to make them look a little different from the normal turret. Modified the digmachine's laser animation. (I really like how this looks now.)

Version 0.0.5 - Adds the digmachines to the Tabula Rasa mod. Update to latest Starbound patch Enraged Koala.

Version 0.0.6 - Adds two new digmachines, background and bulldozer. Updated machine drawings, and updated icons for each.

Version 0.1.0 - Added fuel system, and new sprites.

Version 0.1.1 - Added Digger Mech and Fuel Station.

Version 0.1.2 - Updated animation files for fuel machine, so it looks more like a gas pump. (Aligning the components was much harder than expected)
    FIXED - Fuel Station no longer takes dirt as a fuel.

Version 0.1.4 - A change was made so that the Digger Mech is not automatically in the tech station. You must first create the mech blueprint. Lowered the cost of the fuelstation to go along with the previous change. Fixed the fuel station icon.

Version 0.1.6 - Added some functionality to the digger mech to allow it to dig straight downward, like the original digmachine. Use alternate fire (right mouse button) to use the new function. Digger mech now has a new look as well.

V 0.1.8 - Instead of shooting downwards, the Mech will stomp down to dig. To use the alternate fire digging, first jump then while in the air press alternate fire. The mech will stop down hard so don't do it from to high or else you will take fall damage.

V 0.1.10 - Changed the Digger Mech animation slightly. It also uses drills in the front instead of lasers from the standard digger turret.

V 0.1.11 - Just a very small update to incorporate changes suggested by Rubytyr. After playing a bit with the Digger Mech, I also found it cumbersome to use underground. The Mech now has a better aiming radius, and its digging creates a larger explosion. This makes it easier for the Mech to create a hole big enough for the itself fit into.

Version 0.2.0 - This is the first pass version that works with the latest stable release. Lots of changes went in to get it working, so please let me know if there are any issues. I wanted to get a version out so that people could start using it again.

Version 0.2.1 - Fixed the problem with digging, using the turrets. The mech is still a work in progress.
    Known issue - Fueling up the Digger Mech does not work yet.

Version 0.2.2 - This update clears out the critical bugs from the Fuel Station and the Digger Mech. There were lots of issues to resolve crashing when using the Mech.

Version 0.2.3 - Fixed one bug with the recipe for the Digger Mech, I forgot to verify that the old top tier bars still existed.
    Added two new dig machines from a suggestion made by Markelius. Hopefully now everyone will be able to choose a Digger that best fits their needs.

Version 0.2.4 - Made some bug fixes, and some changes based on feedback from the discussion board. Thanks for you help! and keep the suggestions coming. Added the new fuel types and fixed the problem with getting back two turrets/fuel stations.

Version 0.2.5
    - This update simply fixes an issue that came up with the latest patch. There was a slight change to the quest template, and the mod needed to be updated to match.

Version 0.2.6 - Digger Mech works again! Ran into many issues that were caused by updates. Still seems a bit glitchy getting into the mech if there isn't much room, but at least it works.

Version 0.2.7 - This update fixes the problem where the user was being damaged by the mech, and slows the switching into and out of the Mech. Things are much smoother now.

Version 0.2.8 - Update to make diggers compatible with Glad Giraffe. There were only a few changes required, but the names of the sound file extensions changed. Please let me know if you find any missing sounds.

Version 0.2.9 - Update to fix problem with adding Digger Mech to user's tech tree. The questing system changed slightly, so I needed to make a small change to the Digger Mech Quest. If you create the diggermechtech-chip, you should now see the Mech tech under the "Head" tab in your tech-tree.

*Still one outstanding bug is when you log out of Starbound, the Mech does not retain it's energy.

**Note - When installing mods for Starbound 1.0, place the mod folder in Starbound/mods/

Digger Mech - I plan to add some cool new functionality to the Digger Mech.

1. I would like to make it be able to fly in a similar way that the Jetpack works. This may cost fuel or User Energy, I have not decided. (Complete)
    2. Instead of shooting downwards, the Mech will stomp down to dig. (Complete)
    3. I want to add some animations for the Jetpack and Stomping to make it look nicer.
    4. Solar panels as an alternate source of fuel. Useful when wandering not so much underground.

Upcoming Changes:
    Clean up the artwork/animations for Digger Mech and Fuel Station.

If you would like to add this to your own mod, go ahead and do so, just let me know because I would like to try it out! :)

How to use this mod (and many others):
    1) Locate your Starbound folder:
    An easy way to do this is go to your Steam games library,
    Right click on Starbound, click Properties
    Go to the LOCAL FILES tab, and click BROWSE LOCAL FILES
    upload_2014-2-15_12-56-30.png

mine is here -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound​

2) Download the zip file.
    3) Unzip it into the mods folder​
    upload_2015-2-4_0-34-14.png
    4) Start digging!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Images

1. AdvancedDigMachine.jpg
    2. exampleDigger.jpg
    3. upload_2014-2-15_12-54-7.png
    4. upload_2014-2-16_21-13-31.png
    5. upload_2014-2-21_0-33-25.png
    6. upload_2014-3-15_17-39-16.png

Recent Updates

1. Digger Turret
  2. Digger Turret
  3. Digger Turret

Recent Reviews

1. RevzRevenger
    RevzRevenger
    5/5,
    Version: v1.0.0
    thx!
  2. RejectedCookies
    RejectedCookies
    4/5,
    Version: v 0.2.8 - Glad Giraffe
    How am I suppose to get the Digger Mech on a pre-Existing Char? I've tried things like the Aiaction command, but still have no idea what I'm supposed to do
  3. Dreadsoul
    Dreadsoul
    5/5,
    Version: v 0.2.6 Pleased Giraffe
    Very nice mod, but can you set the shootrange higher?
  4. josefdarks
    josefdarks
    5/5,
    Version: v 0.2.5 Pleased Giraffe
    gracias por este fantastico mod por fin Mechs le agradeceria si puede crear tambien el Vertibird del juego de fallout por supuesto le daria el credito que merece por ello en puntos y clasificacion por este mod le doy 5 estrellas
    1. trevtrev800
      Author's Response
      Thank you!
  5. rathleif
    rathleif
    4/5,
    Version: v 0.2.2 Upbeat Giraffe
    really nice mod but im having problems with the crafting requirements for the mech. its asking for perfectly generic item.
    still good job on the mod
    1. trevtrev800
      Author's Response
      Yeah this was an over-site on my part when switching to the latest stable release. I will fix it in my next release of the mod.
  6. Rubytyr
    Rubytyr
    3/5,
    Version: v 0.1.10
    Well made mod, thorough and balanced. The mining turrets are well designed and each have a solid purpose.

Having said that, it feels it abit "too" balanced in it's current state; if I had to choose between my diamond drill and the mech - i'd pick the drill. As the mech tales a great deal of effort to gain, with not much pay off. (increased size making it hard to maneuver, a beast to fuel, and underwhelming mining range).
    1. trevtrev800
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the feedback!
  7. Fullmaple
    Fullmaple
    4/5,
    Version: v 0.1.10
    I love it! like that i can save time on my city other then mining. also, i would be happy to help in the drawing. like you said, you artistic skills are "Zero" :P
    1. trevtrev800
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the review. If you would like to put something together for the mech or fuel station I would gladly give you credit if I can get them added.
  8. HorrorGamer336
    HorrorGamer336
    4/5,
    Version: v 0.1.9
    good mod but this is a thought can you chang the mech to have three legs and a dill in frount so it looks cool
    1. trevtrev800
      Author's Response
      Thanks! I will see what I can do... my artistic skills are zero :-)
  9. Lᴜ̶̸ɴᴀ̶̸ BadgεЯ
    Lᴜ̶̸ɴᴀ̶̸ BadgεЯ
    5/5,
    Version: v0.1.8
    Thank you. Thank you. THANK YOU! So perfect. Can't wait to see how you improve it, although I like it as is too :P
    1. trevtrev800
  10. Paladin Lupine
    Paladin Lupine
    4/5,
    Version: v0.1.7
    This mod is pretty awesome until i found a pretty nasty bug. I was trying to get the mech fueled up and it wasnt working so i left the game while still in the mech,Deleted the mod and re-downloaded it, Put it in the mods folder and i cant even load up my character :/ Im not sure if its this mod specifically but it was working before... Good mod though
    1. trevtrev800
      Author's Response
      oh man, I am sorry about your character. Can you try to load your character, then send me the starbound.log when it fails to do so? I have done lots of debugging with similar problems, so I may be able to fix your issue.