1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

DB Industries (Mech Stuff) 2017-09-03

Mech stuff!

1. Debaubau
    dbindustries.png

Had some folks asking about uploading my mod here. Currently available on Steam as well: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=944647709&searchtext=db+industries

Hope you enjoy! :)

If you want to use/alter my mod, please do! Just let me know and give credit when appropriate! Thanks!! :)

Welcome to DB Industries' Mech Development Division!

As our new test pilot, you get access to the latest in DBI's experimental mechs. Our engineers are putting the final touches to your first assignment!

The DB-M is our first attempt at a new mech. And by new, I mean we've never made one before! Our president and CEO discovered some abandoned USCM mechs and decided to open a mech division. We reverse-engineered the USCM mech, and of course added our patented high-impact materials and anti-matter fusion generator. That provides you with the theoretical limit of mech energy and defense! ...Just make sure it doesn't overheat - antimatter doesn't mix well with regular matter.

On a side note, one of our PR guys said it looks like a robot Apex...I just don't see it! Have fun!

Star Calendar Date 06.00110002017 - but later in the day

A second assignment! Glorious! One of our human engineers got a Lethia Venturer mech body as a birthday gift. I know, I know, it looks like a space egg, only kind of dumb. Our guy decided to recess the emitters inside the dash and change the shape of the forcefield to match the cockpit outline. Looks like a fat square, but that's better than a space egg. Go fly it, try not to die, and tell us how it goes.

Star Calendar Date 06.00120002017

Your third assignment! How lucky you are! Our other seventy-six pilots didn't make it past the DB-M. Have we got a treat for you - atmospheric entry! That's right, you can take this sucker through the atmosphere of a planet and live!....we think! What's that? You're asking why all of our "original mechs" are re-designs of currently available mechs? That's proposterous! It's not like we found some mech bodies, reverse engineered them, threw on some sweet undercarriage lighting and we're rolling them out as our own! Don't question your employer! Go not die in the DB-A...or maybe it would be better if you did?

Version 0.01 - New Mech Body added - DB-M

Altered the military mech body, added vents, took away windows, generally tried to make it look more space-y. Comes in a base gray color scheme, lots of lights when it's active. A little OP, tried to make the recipe reflect that. As of right now, the recipe is not being randomly generated - I'll look into adding that later today. Can be spawned in with /spawnitem mechbodydebm when you have admin rights.

Version 0.02 - Second Mech Body Added - Venturer Prototype

Altered the original Venturer human mech (the egg one) to not be an egg. Couldn't stand it. Also, gave it end-game stats. Can be spawned in with /spawnitem mechbodyHumanC

Version 0.03 - Third Mech Body Added - DB-A Atmo-type

Altered the Protector body, high-end mech. Also altered specs so the other two bodies aren't so OP. Let me know if you prefer them in OP status. Spawncode for DB-A is mechbodyDebA

Version 0.04 - Fourth (experimental) Mech Body added, DB-N

Added the DB-N, a modification of the DB-M. Currently no glowy bits, that's part of the experiment. Spawn it in with /spawnitem mechbodydebn ...I swear I'll add blueprints eventually! Spawncode for DB-N is mechbodyDebN

Version 0.05 - A new design! Super experimental DB-X!

Added the DB-X, a radically different design...ish. Check it out with /spawnitem mechbodyDebX
    I know, my mech bodies are overpowered. I'll rebalance them and add some new stuff to go with it all, give it a theme. Thanks for checking the stuff out!

Be sure to check out the Barrage Heavy Mech by Pohany! Wouldn't have figured out how to add in the mech bodies without it! :)
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=942971334
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Reviews

1. starboundminer
    starboundminer
    5/5,
    Version: 2017-09-03
    Coolest mod ever seen :)
  2. CrimsonGiraffe
    CrimsonGiraffe
    5/5,
    These mech bodies are great, they look fantastic but still fit into starbound's aesthetics!
  3. ChronoHyperion
    ChronoHyperion
    5/5,
    I've been waiting for this mod to be posted into the forums, thank you so much! :)