1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Crispy's FoodStuffs BETA v2 Spirited Giraffe

Adds more food and food accessories.

1. CrispyBlockland
    This mod is also going to be inactive for a while because I got bored of the game again. Once I get back into the game, I will not release a new version until i get a "complete" version. (one i feel i do not need to call "beta") Sorry about that, I just don't want to get my impatience to me!

Crispy's FoodStuffs is the spiritual successor to my old mod, Crispy's Food and Crops. I aim to rebuild, from the ground up, my mod and improve on it in the process, as well as add new and (hopefully) original content, as well as fit in the game better, as if this was part of the game in the first place.

As this is a BETA version, things may not work nicely, and everything is currently bare bones. The way I see it, this is a proof of concept of something that should become much greater in the near future.

Expect major problems, and keep backups of your characters, and parts of the universe you deem important to you.
    Treat this as you would an unstable or maybe even nightly update for Starbound.

Things may drastically change, and as such, generic items are expected if you update.

[​IMG]

NEW CROPS:
    Jelon

[​IMG]
    Jelons are gelatin plants invented by Apex scientists in secret. Rebels stole the crop, and distributed it into the black market. Many Apex grow it in secret, as it is illegal to own jelon. It is described as having a sweet and sugary flavor. The closest thing to it in humanity would be a gelatin treat without any fruity flavoring.

Stats:
    It will heal you and regenerate your energy.

Recipes:
    Upon obtaining a jelon, you will be able to craft Jelon Juice and Jelon Jam.
    Upon obtaining jelon jam, you will learn to craft Jelon Bread, Jelon Brownie, and Jelon Cookies.

Biomes:
    [​IMG] Jelon can be found naturally in:
    Lush
    Forest
    Desert
    Arid
    Ocean (on the islands)
    Tropical
    Alien
    Giant Trees
    Atropus / Biologically Mutated
    Bog
    Irradiated
    Proto World
    Gelatinous
    Rainforest
    Wasteland
    Mountainous

Green = FrackinUniverse

Dungroot
    [​IMG]
    Dungroots are... I think you get the idea.

Stats:
    It will actually poison you! But do not worry, it's only for a little bit.

Recipes:
    None implemented yet.

Biomes:
    [​IMG] Dungroot can be found naturally in:
    Lush
    Forest
    Poisonous Ocean (on the islands)
    Tropical
    Giant Trees
    Bog
    Rainforest

Green = FrackinUniverse

FrackinUniverse Only: Shadowbulb
    [​IMG]
    Shadowbulbs act as natural light bulbs, which tend to grow only in extremely dark environments.

Stats:
    It will make you glow.

Recipes:
    None implemented yet.

Biomes:
    Penumbra
    Lightless Sphere

Green = FrackinUniverse

NEW RECIPIES:
    Campfire:
    By using the most basic method of cooking, just throwing stuff where the heat is, you can now cook more things for some tasty snacks. Try it out, throw some of your crops into a cooker and see what it makes.
    By cooking a supported food item this way, their well fed debuff is exactly the same but their other stats, for example healing, will be improved slightly.

FRACKINUNIVERSE EXPANSION:
    The FrackinUniverse expansion can be found by digging into the EXTRAS folder in the zip, There should be a folder in there called "FrackinUniverse+Crispy's FoodStuffs Expansion", you can throw this into your mod folder just like any other mod. This will allow some crops to grow in Frackin Universe planets, and introduce the shadowbulb to the universe.

If you do not have FrackinUniverse, check it out at this link: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/frackinuniverse.2920/

COMPATIBILITY:
    By using the new and advanced Crispy-Name-Protector-System-3300™ (aka putting a prefix on everything in the mod) there should be absolutely no compatibility problems with anything! Even if a mod adds the exact same stuff as this mod does, it's very unlikely one will break the other.
    In the event this mod DOES break something with another mod, I MUST KNOW ABOUT IT!!! PM me, or post in discussion about it. Do not post bug reports in reviews, as reviews are meant to be reviews.

DISTRIBUTION: (based on nexus mods)
    1. All the assets in this file belong to me, or are from free-to-use modder's resources
    2. You can upload this file to other sites but you must credit me as the creator of the file
    3. You can convert this file to work with other games as long as you credit me as the creator of the file
    4. You are allowed to modify my files and release bug fixes or improve on the features so long as you credit me as the original creator
    5. You are allowed to use the assets in this file without permission as long as you credit me
    6. You are not allowed to use assets from this file in any mods/files that are being sold, for money, on Steam Workshop or other platforms

In short: You can do anything with this as long as you give me credit, and do not sell my content.

Thank you, and enjoy this mod!
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Recent Updates

1. (mostly) everything is good if you fry it

Recent Reviews

1. greenRAM
    greenRAM
    5/5,
    Version: BETA v1 Spirited Giraffe
    Nice to see this project revived! Great work so far.