I always found it a bit annoying that to find things like Villagers' known gift tastes and how many gifts they've been given you need to either look it up in your "relationships" tab, or just try giving them a gift and risk them not liking it, or having to click through a dialogue saying you've already given them enough gifts. So, I decided to whip up a little mod to show information like that beside the gift cursor icon.
Context-Sensitive Gift Cursor will display badge-type icons next to the gift cursor for the following criteria:
I invite you to download the mod and give it a try. I tried to handle as many conveniences and edge cases I could think of, but I'd love feedback on if anything seems weird, or if there are additional things I could add in.
- "Emoji" icons will indicate the Villager's attitude toward that item - IF you've already given it to them in the past. Indicates LOVE, LIKE, NEUTRAL, DISLIKE, and HATE.
- If you've already given the Villager a gift that day, or two that week, an X icon will show to save you the hassle of clicking through the message. An exception is with your spouse, who ignores the two-gift-per-week limit; or, if it's the Villager's birthday.
- If you've accepted the daily quest, and you're giving the wanted item to the Villager who posted the quest, an EXCLAMATION icon will show.
- When giving a bouquet or wilted bouquet, a HEART or BROKEN HEART icon will show.
- If it's the Villager's birthday, and additional CANDLE icon will show.
- Special icons will show when giving certain specific gifts: the MOVIE TICKET, MERMAID'S PENDANT, VOID GHOST PENDANT, and WEDDING RING.
- I don't have the mobile version of Stardew Valley, but I assume it doesn't have a cursor in the same way as the PC version, so I wouldn't expect it to work for mobile.
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Context-Sensitive Gift Cursor 1.2.0
Streamlines the gift-giving process by adding a context-sensitive icon next to the cursor.