1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Art Pack 1.36a

Walls, decals and murals, everything you need to cover up your walls.

1. Quinch
    Are you amazed by all the fantastic Starbound art out there? Do you constantly wish you could wallpaper the entirety of your planet with pictures of posing Florans until they get sick of it and chase you off? Well, wait... some more. Because at this point, this mod is little more than proof of concept. Here's the gist;

1. If you want a picture included in the mod, send me the link to the image, either via a PM or in the thread.
    2. The link must have a way of contacting the original artist. This bit is super important because I don't want to steal, intentionally or by accident, other people's hard work.
    3. If the original artist happens to be you, well, that's pretty much self-explanatory.
    4. Also bear in mind that while there's a variety of sizes for the paintings, stuff will need to get shrunk down to fit, often by a lot. Don't get too attached to fine details.
    5. The paintings come in four categories - decals, relatively small stickers {3x3 at most} with transparencies, small {up to 25 tiles} and large {up to 100 tiles} paintings and murals which are, well, larger than that.
    6. Hopefully you have a stash of flower petals, since you'll need dyes to make any of these. Decals also use synthetic fabric as their backing, paintings canvas and murals are dye-only. But the larger the painting is, the more dye you'll need. For verisimilitude, the dyes you require will also more or less match the colors of the picture itself.
    7. When suggesting images, feel free to tell me if there's a particular size you want.
    8. While Starbound-themed art is extra welcome, it's not exclusive. Non-vanilla races are likewise welcome, as are works of other fandoms. If it's fan-art, though, please make sure you've read rule #2.
    9. If you want to include your character as a decal, that's all good. Make sure you include a name and a tagline, though.
    10. I may try to add race-specific descriptions to pictures, but you are more than welcome to do so as well - and not limited to vanilla races either. Same goes for colony tags too.
    11. I'll probably add more stuff to the list.

Installation: Download the .pak and copy it into your Starbound/Mods folder. From that point. the painting station should be available from your inventor's table.

Usage: Using high-tech invisible ink, you can also search items by their colony tags. So you can search for #floran, #evil, etc. to narrow things down. {it will also work without the # symbol, but it might help avoid confusion}.

Hope you like it!

CAPoverview.png
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Do not alter or redistribute the assets included in this mod.
    Waffle-Chan, socom55, Jugen and 3 others like this.

Recent Reviews

1. Shock Sphere
    Shock Sphere
    5/5,
    Version: 1.36a
    Excellent Mod I like it a lot but could you include more material related to starbound instead of drawings of several fandoms?
  2. Malfar
    Malfar
    5/5,
    Version: 0.45
    I really like it!
  3. hellenicshaco
    hellenicshaco
    5/5,
    Version: 0.28
    Nice mod :D
    1. Quinch
      Author's Response