Monday to Friday, Billy Blaze is your average 8-year-old brat. But on weekends, he dons his Packers Helmet and becomes ...
= COMMANDER KEEN =
(queue 90's synth...)
= The Bean-with-Bacon Megarocket! =
A space ship built of cardboard and propelled with Soda-Fueled-Vacuum-Power! One of a kind! Out of this world!
(Batteries are likely not included.)
Keen's infamous Ray-Gun and full head-to-glorious-toe Keen Costume!
Now go fight some Vorticons.
1) Unzip contents into Starbound/mods/
2) Create a new Human character in Single-player (You can use the Character in Multiplayer once they're created).
3) Rescue the Galaxy!
The ship files work for other races too! Just rename the ships/human folder to the race of your choice.
=USING THE SHIP ON AN EXISTING CHARACTER=
Ok! So ... to use an existing character on pc:
1) We need to find the existing character's codename.
• Load up the existing character in-game, then exit Starbound. (This way the existing character's files are the most recently saved)
• Open Starbound/player/ in explorer and arrange the files by date. The most recently edited one should represent your character.
• You should see sets-of-3 files with the same name, but different type: xxx.metadata, xxx.player, xxx.shipworld. Where "xxx" is an identical string of numbers and letters.
• Make a BACKUP of these files. If something goes wrong, you can always paste the old files back.
2) From here we have two options:
A ) Human character: You can delete the .shipworld (Or cut and paste it somewhere safe). Starbound will automatically make that character a new ship from the startership files. Remember to move all the loot on your old ship into your inventory or onto a planet first. You can always replace the old .shipworld if you want your old ship back. (You did remember a backup, right?)
B ) Non-human character:
• Make a new Human character. Load the dummy-human in-game.
• Now go back to the main menu. Load your existing character. Exit Starbound.
• Open Starbound/player/ in explorer and arrange the files by date. The first 3-file-set is your existing character, the second set is the dummy-human with the ship you want.
• Copy the first character's shipworld codename ("xxx.shipworld"), then delete the file. Now rename the dummy-human's shipworld with the codename you copied.
• ... profit!
- Mod Pack Permissions:
- Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
- Mod Assets Permissions:
- Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.
Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.Dismiss Notice
Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
Outdated Commander Keen's ship n' gear 0.1
Fly in glorious retro style as an 8-year old Genius!