1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Outdated Combat Overhaul 2.7 - Inactive

Overhaul combat to make it less cheating and more realistic.

1. Setsy
    Setsy
    5/5,
    Version: 2.7 - Inactive
    A must-have!
    Makes the combat way more challenging and the animation more realistic, even!
  2. Alex Great
    Alex Great
    5/5,
    Good job.
  3. AlwaysNothing
    AlwaysNothing
    5/5,
    Awesome mod, should be in vanilla!
  4. SKyStriker101
    SKyStriker101
    5/5,
    I am planning to use this mod I a modpack I'd like to call "UniverseBound". May I use your mod? You have an excellent mod though.
    1. Niran
      Author's Response
      Not sure if it would be a good idea right now to use it, i don't even know if it's still compatible to the latest version.
  5. AngryBogle
    AngryBogle
    5/5,
    Version: 2.7 - Enraged Koala
    Finally, the monsters are an actual challenge. Great mod!
  6. Xelot
    Xelot
    5/5,
    Version: 2.7 - Enraged Koala
    Definitely better this way than the original.
  7. greenRAM
    greenRAM
    5/5,
    Version: 2.4 - Enraged Koala
    Makes combat a bit more of a struggle to time correctly, which is perfect for someone like me who likes to be challenged. Hopefully, there will be some more tricky AI to compliment this mod soon.
  8. kanmax92
    kanmax92
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1 - Furious Koala
    Tightens combat adding more elements of strategy to both weapon choices and timing. Its really great! I personally love gunplay more, but this mod makes melee more strategic and tactical. A definite must have.
  9. NordKitten
    NordKitten
    5/5,
    Version: 2.1 - Furious Koala
    Alright, its official, i have now used and can;t live with out every one of your mods, good job :)
  10. Zerotharius
    Zerotharius
    5/5,
    Version: 2.0 - Angry Koala
    Really makes combat feel more tight and refined. An absolute must-have.
  11. Bloodnotshed
    Bloodnotshed
    5/5,
    Version: 1.8 - Angry Koala
    Having a tangible difference in swinging my broadsword vs. my shortsword is awesome. Thanks.
  12. ahappydude
    ahappydude
    5/5,
    Version: 1.7 - Angry Koala
    You have done a great job of making and starting this combat overhaul! I agree its harder but thats the fun, , the attacks were so op in my opion and to easy so cheers for working on this =)
  13. YoshiXeros
    YoshiXeros
    5/5,
    Version: 1.6 - Angry Koala
    This really makes the game more difficult, and fun. I hated how easy battles were. I really hope this is added into the real game.
  14. ibebyi
    ibebyi
    5/5,
    Version: 1.5 - Angry Koala
    Aside from some balancing issues which I'm sure will be ironed out, this mod definitely makes combat a more skill/timing-based, meatier experience altogether. 5/5 stars for sure.
    1. Niran
      Author's Response
      As soon as i know what is imbalanced i could fix it. Please use the discussion tab to tell me otherwise i cannot continue due to my lack of personal testing.
  15. Shadewarp
    Shadewarp
    5/5,
    Makes the game more challenging, but in return a lot more entertaining! Well done!
  16. TheWall
    TheWall
    5/5,
    Much needed differentiation between weapon types and I don't feel horribly guilty kiting anymore (well not as much)
  17. SmaugTheDragon
    SmaugTheDragon
    5/5,
    Beautifully executed, now instead of a "generic melee weapon", it really differentiates weapon types. Also makes game a lot less "floaty".
    This really should be carried on to main game...
    1. Niran
      Author's Response
      I'll take these good reviews as "the balance of these weapons seem fine for their levels" so i'll widen these changes to more weapons soon
  18. Shadoxx-Aurion
    Shadoxx-Aurion
    5/5,
    It really gives a different feel to the game.
  19. Streiben
    Streiben
    5/5,
    Thank you so much.
    It annoyed me, and i felt guilty when a chasing mob ran into my blade, while it just "laid" on the ground, and still hitted him. I hope Chucklefish likes this mod too, and add it. 5/5. THAAANKS!
  20. Archer
    Archer
    5/5,
    Version: 1.4 - Angry Koala
    Well done! Improves the combat, it feels less clunky and boring now. They should implement this in the main game, along with better monster AI.