1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Colourful Boats 1.1 (CG)

Who doesn't want to sail on eye candy?

1. Mackinz
    Colourful Boats

211820_20160826014316_1.png
    The Saints rule everywhere, even on Malkut Delta III after Earths destruction.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Original Images from the original mod page.

What Does This Mod Do?

This mod adds six new boats to the Shipyard Captain, based on the lovely original mod by this forums very own Beatrice. There are six boats - the Sail of Pride & Prey (Blue Lion boat), the Saints boat, the Laurel of Glory (Red Laurel boat), the Cross of Jerusalem (Yellow Cross boat), the Glitch boat, and the King of Red Lions boat. The King of Red Lions and Glitch boats are new additions at the request of reddit user toby109tt (who made his request on /r/Starbound oh so long ago) and Shadox2.0/Dr.Shadox from PlayStarbound and on the Steam Workshop. I have been sitting on these boats for a long time and, with a surge of inspiration that came along with the release of Starbound 1.0, I finished them up for official release.

Sailing in Style

To obtain your boat, you must have unlocked the Outpost and repaired your ship so that the Shipyard Captain, Penguin Pete, is willing to sell you some of his "legitimately acquired merchandise". He's willing to part with their Boat Controllers for 25000 pixels each - but with this much style, you won't suffer from buyers remorse anytime soon.

Installing, Reporting Issues and Suggestions
    Steam Workshop Version

Humans are not perfect. We can overlook many things. That is why this section is necessary,

Installing Colourful Boats:

1. Navigate to your \Starbound\mods\ folder, usually found within \Steam\steamapps\common\
    2. Unpack the "Colourful Boats - CG - 1.1" mod folder (or similar) from the downloaded ZIP file into your mods folder, such that the _metadata file within is located at \Starbound\mods\Colourful Boats - CG - 1.1\_metadata. If it is anywhere else, you did not install the mod correctly.
    3. Play Starbound.

Reporting Issues:

Always post your issues IN THE DISCUSSION THREAD. I am very attentive, and I will always respond to an issue posted in the Discussion thread.

Regarding game crashing: Error pop-ups tell modders nothing about how to solve any issue you may come across. A basic guide to reporting errors is here. I WILL need to see your log file before I can help you. Capisce?

Other issues: If your issue is not crash-related, but something more along the lines of "this can't be crafted" or "I get Perfectly Generic Items from harvesting this", I may need to see your log file as well - but it's more important that you post in the Discussion thread on the matter.

Suggestions:

Please leave suggestions in the related Discussion thread. I will respond to them with my thoughts there - however, suggestions are also valid if included within a mod review.

Other Miscellaneous Things
    • Thanks to Chucklefish for making Starbound.
    • Thanks to Beatrice for supplying updated boat sprites from the original mod.
    • Thanks to Reddit user toby109tt for the King of Red Lions boat sprites.
    • Thanks to Shadox2.0/Dr.Shadox for the Glitch Boat sprites and colored boat warp animations.
    • Thanks to LoPhatKao for the vanilla boat script fixes.
    • Thanks to You for playing Starbound!
    You are not allowed to do whatever you want with the assets of this mod without my permission, but can redistribute it as part of a Mod Pack as long as you ask first.

If, in the event that this mod is rendered incompatible with the latest version of Starbound and I have made no mention of updating it, please attempt to contact me - if I do not respond in a day, then you have my permission to update and take over this mod until I return.

DO NOT REPORT ERRORS OR BUGS IN THE REVIEW SECTION OF THIS MOD. THERE IS A DISCUSSION THREAD FOR THOSE KINDS OF THINGS.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. 211820_20160731175302_1.png
    Shadox2.0 and Beatrice like this.

Recent Updates

1. Is that a new boat?

Recent Reviews

1. Coolbird000
    Coolbird000
    5/5,
    Version: 1.1 (CG)
    this. is. AWSOME!!!
    thx for the cool mod
    but plz add in more boats i want more plz
    maby fishing boat and (maby) nafta tanker?
    also cargo ship would be cool(small one and diffrent tiers)
  2. Crusism
    Crusism
    5/5,
    Thank you for making boats more intriguing to ride.
    Now, with the fishing update and these lovely boats, I shall ride to the sunset. 5/5
  3. Shadox2.0
    Shadox2.0
    5/5,
    Nice work ^^ thx you
  4. LoPhatKao
    LoPhatKao
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0 {CG)
    Whatever floats your boat, man. ;)

Great mod.