1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold Storage 1.0a {CG)

Keeps your food at a nice temperature above 0 degrees Celsius.

1. Mackinz
    Cold Storage

211820_20160803021254_1.png
    211820_20160803021501_1.png
    These screenshots were taken several minutes apart

What Does This Mod Do?

This mod supplies the player with cool storage for foodstuffs, adding an early game alternative to fridges, by adding slight refrigerative properties to ship lockers, storage lockers and icy chests. Most storage changed maintains food for 150% longer than normal, but Ice Chests and Ice Sphere Chests maintain food for 400% longer. It also comes with support for the following race mods: The Avali, Felin, Gallavoir, Orcana and Peglaci.

Why?

Because, early on, the player is introduced to farming and the spoilage mechanics, but not to refrigeration. Refrigeration is an important mechanic that significantly improves food lifespan before spoiling. However, it is not introduced in an "over-time" manner. The second you find or craft a fridge, that's it. No incremental introduction of the refrigeration mechanic - it's either complete negation of food spoilage or nothing. This mod was made at the spur of the moment when I realized this, and now the player is introduced to slowing food spoilage a little earlier - the second they load their ship. The ship serves as the players interim base at the start of the game, with some people maintaining their base on their ship their entire playthrough, so it seemed the best and most logical option.

Installing, Reporting Issues and Suggestions

Humans are not perfect. We can overlook many things. That is why this section is necessary,

Installing Cold Storage:

1. Navigate to your \Starbound\mods\ folder, usually found within \Steam\steamapps\common\
    2. Unpack the "Cold Storage - CG - 1.0" mod folder (or similar) from the downloaded ZIP file into your mods folder, such that the _metadata file within is located at \Starbound\mods\Cold Storage - CG - 1.0\_metadata. If it is anywhere else, you did not install the mod correctly.
    3. Play Starbound.

Reporting Issues:

Always post your issues IN THE DISCUSSION THREAD. I am very attentive, and I will always respond to an issue posted in the Discussion thread.

Regarding game crashing: Error pop-ups tell modders nothing about how to solve any issue you may come across. A basic guide to reporting errors is here. I WILL need to see your log file before I can help you. Capisce?

Other issues: If your issue is not crash-related, but something more along the lines of "this can't be crafted" or "I get Perfectly Generic Items from harvesting this", I may need to see your log file as well - but it's more important that you post in the Discussion thread on the matter.

Suggestions:

Please leave suggestions in the related Discussion thread. I will respond to them with my thoughts there - however, suggestions are also valid if included within a mod review.

Other Miscellaneous Things
    • Thanks to Chucklefish for making Starbound.
    • Thanks to Kawa for saying "Do it" akin to Shia LeBouf.
    • Thanks to You for playing Starbound!
    You are allowed to do whatever you want with the assets of this mod, as long as you mention my contribution to your mod.

If, in the event that this mod is rendered incompatible with the latest version of Starbound and I have made no mention of updating it, please attempt to contact me - if I do not respond in a day, then you have my permission to update and take over this mod until I return.

DO NOT REPORT ERRORS OR BUGS IN THE REVIEW SECTION OF THIS MOD. THERE IS A DISCUSSION THREAD FOR THOSE KINDS OF THINGS.
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Recent Updates

1. Orcana Storage Locker

Recent Reviews

1. greenRAM
    greenRAM
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0a {CG)
    I always enjoyed playing with this. Nobody likes rotten food.
  2. ditetej
    ditetej
    5/5,
    Now you can go on a killing spree right from the start without having to worry of the moral and ethical dilemmas of letting fresh meat spoil!
    I had originally assumed that it lengthened the spoilage time for all containers, but as it alters icy containers far more drastically than lockers, it's a must have!
  3. Inf_Wolf14
    Inf_Wolf14
    5/5,
    Cushioning the learning curve since Thursday. Does what it says, very useful for new players.