1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

CIPHER Ship AI v1.0

Bill Cipher's become your ship AI! Ready to make a deal?

1. Febilian
    Long story short, this mod currently visually replaces SAIL with CIPHER. Which is a ship AI based on Bill Cipher from Gravity Falls, if you hadn't gathered...

The mod used to have custom text entries for all SAIL speech in early access versions of Starbound, but until a better way becomes apparent to do that without compatibility shenanigans regarding other mods in 1.0 and forward, this mod will unfortunately be the watered-down version it is now.

I really wish I could flesh it out more; I even have a friend who's better at personifying Bill Cipher who's willing to write the text entries for me, for whenever it becomes possible to implement them soundly.

Sadly that will have to wait. For now, enjoy Bill Cipher graphics instead of default SAIL, I suppose.

NOTE: Any ship mod that replaces/uses a different tech station than the defaults for the six vanilla Starbound races won't get the updated tech station visuals on the ship. This is not possible to avoid without making a patch which visually alters the other mod's tech station somehow.

Also, this mod only supports the default Starbound races for now. I'll work on compatibility patches sometime in the future, after I've been able to get the mod where I'd like it to be with the six existing races.

This mod is also on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=749423845
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. Screen Shot 2015-09-22 at 6.42.01 PM.png

Recent Reviews

1. Azure Skyheart
    Azure Skyheart
    5/5,
    Version: v1.0
    Finally made it work, but that was my fault. Otherwise, fabulous mod! Keep looking for a way to customise text.
  2. Dylan09145
    Dylan09145
    5/5,
    Version: 0.13 - Glad Giraffe
    Good job! this mod is so great and has good art
  3. Space Unicorn
    Space Unicorn
    5/5,
    Awesome! It's perfect for someone like me who kills random npcs out of boredom...i mean, what? Nothing.
  4. AThousandSpiders
    AThousandSpiders
    5/5,
    It's Bill... What else do I need to say?
  5. The_Turret_Boy
    The_Turret_Boy
    5/5,
    Awesome mod! i always wanted a giant dorit- i mean bill cipher to be my ship AI ^^'
    1. Febilian
      Author's Response
      Glad you like it! :) Be sure to let me know in the discussion if you find typos or other things that could be fixed!
  6. Sr. Komodo
    Sr. Komodo
    5/5,
    Version: 0.12
    This is cool! Now i can have a lunatic triangle (with almost God-like powers (who wants to destroy the world as we know it)) as my ships AI!
    1. Febilian
      Author's Response
      Exactly! What isn't there to love? :D (thank you!)
  7. Akabax
    Akabax
    5/5,
    Version: 0.8
    Im a big fan of Gravity Falls so this mod in particular is excelent for me :D!
    1. Febilian
      Author's Response
      I'm glad you like it! =) If you find any typos or things that aren't working quite right, please let me know in the discussion!
  8. tyro
    tyro
    5/5,
    Version: 0.4
    I just finished mainlining all of this show a couple days back, and Bill -- appropriately, the little bastard -- took over my brain. This is perfect!

I'm currently playing a Floran -- I'll let you know if I find any typos in the Floran dialogue.
    1. Febilian
      Author's Response
      Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy the show, it's always great to find another fan. And I would certainly appreciate that!
  9. the420urchin
    the420urchin
    5/5,
    Version: 0.4
    So I haven't actually gotten to use this yet but as it is a simple ai mod and an awesome one at that, because I'm all about Gravity Falls, I'll pre-rate this with a 5 star. I noticed you also had a small typo in ciphers text on the screenshot image you are using, just thought I'd let you know. Best of luck. I am going to be making him the human ai only to replace the boring basic one. Thanks bud. Also, send me a message about getting the mousqutaires compatible with your mod if you would like.
    1. Febilian
      Author's Response
      D'oh! I will have to double check that text, thanks for the heads up! And thank you! I've already been putting together some addons that will add the mod to work with other race mods, I can definitely put the Mousequtairs on my list, it looks like a cute one.
  10. DoomFire
    DoomFire
    5/5,
    Version: 0.2
    Wow! That looks amazing. You did that really quickly as well! I like how he talks as well. Good job!
    1. Febilian
      Author's Response
      Thank you! Be sure to let me know if you find any typos in the text though, I'd like to fix those if I can. It's easy to miss things like missing spaces when formatting in the text files and all that.