1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Chicklet - Save file editor & Map Editor V2.1.4

A save file & Map editor for StardewValley

1. xXShadowmayXx
    xXShadowmayXx
    1/5,
    Version: V2.1.4
    It's been loading for a while and doing absolutely nothing after saving. No errors or anything. I'm not sure exactly what's going on.
  2. BreadyFedy
    BreadyFedy
    1/5,
    "API is not responding" and map editor does nothing
  3. TheDefeatedPhoenix
    TheDefeatedPhoenix
    1/5,
    Shows "API is not responding" all the time, the map editor doesn't work at all, no updates
  4. JarHanks
    JarHanks
    1/5,
    Get the error "API is not responding" won't save changes I've made
  5. Axron02
    Axron02
    1/5,
    claims "API is not responding" and then will not save the file changes.
  6. timmc94
    timmc94
    1/5,
    Despite all of the screenshots clearly showing the app working on macOS, the linked download file is for Windows only.
  7. ThatAnarchyDude
    ThatAnarchyDude
    1/5,
    Got some "API not responding" message upon loading the application. Attempted to load my file...10 minutes later, still waiting for the application to finish loading the file.
  8. Jhonnyzz
    Jhonnyzz
    3/5,
    i can't use the map editor in my farm, it just appears a black screen :/
  9. CheekyPeach
    CheekyPeach
    4/5,
    The map editor is soooo useful! I just bumped into a bug if I move a tree, I won't be able to chop it down in-game. Do you know how I would be able to fix this?
  10. specktre
    specktre
    5/5,
    This is beautiful and helpful! Wonderful job.
  11. xSamukaBRx
    xSamukaBRx
    5/5,
    way better than the other editor continue updating it
  12. Rahlzel
    Rahlzel
    5/5,
    I've tried both editors - this one is superior.
  13. Pyro Bear
    Pyro Bear
    4/5,
    User friendly interface and simple to use.
    I would love it if there was a way to edit your relationship with the villagers in the editor.
    Other than some minor bugs it's an overall nice editor. I recommend it if you're not familiar with editing values on your save file.
  14. Vith
    Vith
    5/5,
    Version: V2.0.0
    It's a whole new update! The new map editor is WONDERFUL, and very user friendly.

The first thing I noticed was a season change in the map editor. I haven't tested it in game or how it will affect events in game if you switched from fall to spring (as an example), but the fact remains that it is a useful tool on it's own simply for the fact that the editor will automatically update the sprites on screen, so you can see how your farm looks with the different seasons in game (GREAT for planning)!

Also included in the map editor is the ability to toggle object visibility (such as trees and building) to easily re-arrange things like paths and other tiles, without any hassle.

Finally, the editor allows zooming in and out of your farm, to help be more precise with placing things and seeing how it looks.

All in all, an amazing update; all the features are very stable. I appreciate and respect all the work went into the map editor alone, stefanhaan did an amazing job. Props to you, good sir!
    1. stefanhaan
      Author's Response
      The season change is just a visual preview :P It doesn't actually change your season ingame ^^

Just allows you to quickly look how your farm would look like in that season. By default however any maps will be opened using the season you are at in your savefile. So this doesn't actually modify the save file
  15. Sir Wilfrey
    Sir Wilfrey
    5/5,
    Version: V1.9.2
    Extremely impressive work of code, you should feel very proud for providing such a useful and frankly, plain old aesthetically pleasing piece of kit that I personally find rather essential. Saves you from those occasional screwups in your modding endeavors that wipe characters and whatnot! Also, admittedly good for simply toying around and being a big cheating bugger.
    1. stefanhaan
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the kind words! Always great to hear people who find it useful!
  16. Vith
    Vith
    5/5,
    Version: V1.9.2
    Very useful, thank you very much good sir/madam! I love using this for the simple fact that you can edit your character appearance very easily, saving much time than to edit the character file manually. You have my full appreciation, keep up the grand work!
    1. stefanhaan
      Author's Response
      Thanks for the kind words!
  17. Furiduri
    Furiduri
    5/5,
    Version: V1.7.0
    Very Good
    1. stefanhaan
      Author's Response
      Thanks! I hope to add more features quite soon!