1. Welcome to the official Starbound Mod repository, Guest! Not sure how to install your mods? Check out the installation guide or check out the modding help thread for more guides.
    Outdated Mods have been moved to their own category! If you update your mod please let a moderator know so we can move it back to the active section.
    Dismiss Notice

Chaosbound 1.4.4

Throw away the predictableness of Starbound and embrace the chaos

1. Joseph K
    Chaosbound
    is a mod that takes away the painful predictableness of the base game and leaves randomness and chaos in its place. Each planet dungeon and mission will be a unique and fun experience, never being exactly the same as the previous encounter.

Monsters
    Each planet will randomly select five monsters from a gigantic pool containing every monster in the entire game (excluding Heart of Ruin). These five monsters will spawn consistently on all parts of the planet, making each planet unique (planets you have already visited will not be affected). Each monster in every dungeon and mission will be replaced by a monster selected from the same pool. Additionally, boss minions will also be randomised. However this does not apply to Vault Guardians. In the Hylotl mission, the Avian mission, and the Apex mission, bosses will also be a random monster, but this monster will be given a special health bar, the max health of the boss, and increased damage. This does not apply to other dungeons for various reasons that I'm too lazy to mention. Monsters found in space encounters are also not randomised, nor are the monsters in the cultist mission because all those dungeon files are on a different version of Tiled that I don't have downloaded. I might sort that out someday if I feel like it. Additionally, npcs in the arena dungeons are not randomised to prevent getting softlocked.

Npcs
    Npcs in dungeons and missions are randomised, each npc having the potential to be any npc in the game. Npcs will also not be randomised in the Cultist mission or any space encounter for the same reason as the monsters.

Planets and Biomes
    All planets and biomes will have randomised color, however underground biomes are not randomised due to game crashing issues. All kinds of weather (including ones that are not included in normal Starbound) can occur on every planet. Most biomes and sub biomes can appear on every planet, excluding ones that crash the game. Most dungeons can appear on every planet, also excluding the ones that crash the game. All missions can have randomised backgrounds. The Ruin is generated differently every time you visit it.

Bugs
    This mod is very big and took a long time to make. Likewise I expect there to be a lot of bugs, so feel free to report them should you encounter any.

Compatibility
    Chances are that Chaosbound is not compatible with other mods that change vanilla assets, so be careful what you have installed before downloading it. I'm almost certain that it will not mix well with Frackin Universe.

Steam Page
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2300745814
    Mod Pack Permissions:
    Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
    Mod Assets Permissions:
    You must get the author's consent before altering/redistributing any assets included in this mod.

Images

1. 20200508120117_1.jpg
    2. 20200509182450_1.jpg
    3. 20200509193716_1.jpg
    4. 20200509193902_1.jpg
    5. 20201111145712_1.jpg
    6. 20201111145848_1.jpg
    7. 20201127144728_1.jpg
    8. 20201126095452_1.jpg
    9. 20201127145454_1.jpg

Recent Updates

1. Compatibility Fix
  2. Major Improvements
  3. Floran Mission Fix

Recent Reviews

1. That1Rand0mChannel
    That1Rand0mChannel
    5/5,
    Version: 1.4.4
    This monstrosity is amazing.
    1. Joseph K
      Author's Response
      I'm very glad to hear that, since I wasn't sure how this mod would be received when I posted it